If you haven’t visited our Historic Downtown Mooresville recently, you will be truly be amazed at all of the great shops, restaurants and even nightlife! Many of the storefronts have been beautifully restored; the street improvements including brick crosswalks and inlaid brick sidewalk details, new decorative lamp posts and benches are complete and it trule is HAPPENING! Here is a continuation of my list of 27 reasons to visit downtown Mooresville:
THE DAILY GRIND
6. The Daily Grind has been one of my favorite restaurants since they opened their first location on Brawley School Rd. on the Lake Norman side of Mooresville. They opened their second location at 170 Main Street and it is now packed thanks to their great food and welcoming atmosphere. I have always loved their breakfasts but they make a mean panini as well! Enjoy consistently good food for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner in a family friendly atmosphere. Reasonably priced and family owned. Mon thru Sat 7am until 9pm & Sunday 7am until 3pm.
THE BATHTUB GIN
7. The Bathtub Gin is quickly becoming “the” destination for local musicians. Featuring Open Mic on Sunday nights, Gin Jam on Tuesday nights and live music for all ages and tastes on Saturday nights. Come jump in The Tub with your friends on Main Street!
8. Hebrews Coffee is one of those great local coffeehouses with comfy old furniture and a homey atmosphere that invites folks to just kick back and enjoy a good cup of coffee, cappacino or other specialty coffees, frappucinno, smoothie, baked goods and/or just some good ole southern sweet tea. Free WiFi is provided for the opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle and relax.
- 6:30am – 6pm
- 6:30am – 9:00pm
202 NORTH MAIN FINE WINES
Visit 202 North Main Wine Shop & Music Room. In this 1900’s Victorian building we feature fine wines in all price ranges from around the world. Join us every first and third Wednesday night of the month for a variety of Open Mic talent; Thursday evenings for educational and fun wine tastings; and Friday and Saturday nights for spectacular live musical talent.
MOORESVILLE ICE CREAM COMPANY
10. Mooresville Ice Cream Company It all started back in 1924 with the founding of the Mooresville Ice Cream Company. The headline in the Mooresville Enterprise on February 21, 1924 announced, “Mooresville is to have an Ice Cream Factory.” The rest… as they say… is history. Today, the Mooresville Ice Cream company still thrives as a family owned business producing high quality, local ice cream. Their Parlor located at 186 North Broad serves fresh sundaes, banana splits, milkshakes, malted milkshakes and UNCLE SCOTT’S ROOT BEER FLOATs, YUM!
11. J.J. Wasabi’s at 183 N. Main Street is an Asian Grill and Bar with an American Flair. A favorite with the area’s lunch crowd, the menu is extensive, the prices are very reasonable and the food is very good! Owned by the same family as Joel’s Asian Grill on the Lake Norman side of Mooresville, J.J. Wasabi’s is an independent, family owned and operated business.
D.E. TURNER HARDWARE
12. If you live in Mooresville and haven’t heard of D. E. Turner Hardware then you simply need to promise me that you will dedicate a day to visit downtown and take a few minutes to stroll the aisles of D.E. Turners Hardware. From the classic red Radio Flyer wagons and wood benches outside to the turn-of-the-century feel inside you will feel like you have traveled back in time. This wonderful glimpse of the past has been located at this same location since 1899! While they carry many typical hardware items you will also see examples of 19th and 20th century tools and accessories as well. As you might have guessed, they do not have a website so you must visit in person…the old fashioned way
MERLE NORMAN COSMETICS
13. Merle Norman Cosmetic Studio and Spa offers a full line of cosmetics plus jewelry and Vera Bradley Handbags. We are the place to shop for quality skin care, cosmetics, fashion jewelry and handbags. Our licensed Skin Therapist is one of Mooresville’s best kept secrets, giving exceptional facials at reasonable prices. If you feel like a makeover or a steam facial…just call for an appointment!
Well, we are only half-way through my list! I still have quite a few eateries, stores, town services and an update of things to come. Stay-tuned!