Sometimes when the news is full of negativity, it is nice to sit back and take a look at the big picture, especially if you are fortunate enough to live in the Lake Norman Charlotte area. In the recent Kiplinger article which ranked Charlotte #2 in their Best Value Cities of 2011, there are many great reminders of why the future of our area is still so bright.
Some of their reasons for Charlotte’s desirability:
- Banking/Financial center
- Diversified Economy
- Efforts by local governments to entice small and large businesses to the area
- It is becoming an “energy hub” including Duke Energy, Siemens and Toshiba as well as more than 125 companies in green industries
- Family-oriented, top-notch schools
- Affordability including low taxes, utility rates and reasonable construction costs
- Fun including “upscale restaurants and bars to funky neighborhood eateries”, the “cultural mile”, NBA and NFL stadiums, the arts and festivals
- Greenspace in the form of parks, greenway trails, the US Whitewater Center, and, of course, Lake Norman
- Location: Less than two hours to the Mountains and 3 hours to some of the best beaches on the East Coast
Here are the links to the complete article and even a video:
They make it sound so good that I want to move here from California all over again!
More Articles of Interest