For information on Lake Norman Halloween 2011 please go to: Lake Norman Halloween Happenings 2011
Every year at this time the Lake Norman area comes alive with pumpkin patches, Halloween festivities for all ages and homes decorated to welcome all of our young trick -or -treaters.
If you are in search of a pumpkin patch or Halloween festivities in and around our Mooresville and Lake Norman area, here are a few ideas:
- Carrigan Farms: Open 9-5 weekdays, 9-4 Saturday and 12-4 Sundays through Halloween. Pick a pumpkin, visit the animals and have some fresh apple cider. There are even hayrides every 15 minutes and special old-fashioned night time hay rides too! 1261 Oak Ridge Farm Highway/N.C.150, Mooresville.
- Patterson Farm: Pumpkin patch is open with tours through Nov. 6th and on weekends don’t miss Paw Paw Carl’s Palyground where you can enjoy hayrides, a corn pit, Tomato Slingshot, Duck Races and more! See their website for more details.
- Sixth Annual Boy Scout Pumpkin Patch: Pumpkins and gourds of all shapes and sizes. 17115 Kenton Drive, Cornelius
- The Great Pumpkin Patch for Missions: Pumpkins, decorative corn, gourds and more! Davidson United Methodist Church: 233 S. Main Street. Davidson.
Or, just look to any of our many local produce stands like Josh’s Produce Market on Williamson Road who are brimming over with pumpkins and decorations for your Lake Norman home!
Of course, it would not be Halloween without some fun, and even spooky events for all ages.
- The Amazing Maize Maze at Rural Hill In Huntersville is going green this year! Open now through November1st, they have daily hours plus they are open for “Flashlight Mazes” on October 23rd and 31st! My daughter and I went several years ago and had a great time but do wear comfortable shoes and allow enough time and energy to discover all of the clues to make it through the maze successfully! If you need help, the have volunteers perched high on watch towers there to give you some hints.
- t1 tapas in Birkdale Village is hosting The Spooktacular Halloween Bash to benefit Loaves & Fish on Friday, October 23rd, Tickets are $35 in advance or $45 at the door. Call 704.895.4373 for detail. They are also having a “Trick or Treat Weekend Oct 30 – 31st. Come and enjoy all the amazing new multi-media and enjoy Halloween cuisine and “wicked drink specials”.
- Downtown Mooresville Annual Halloween Treat for Families: 3-5pm Oct. 30. Downtown will be crawling with little ghosts and goblins as businesses hand out candy and treats. 3 – 5 pm Pumpkin Carving Contest, photographs of children in costumes and trick or treating for kids.
- Downtown Davidson’s Halloween March on Main Steet in Davidson 5-7pm. Free. Costumed characters of all ages are invited to march!
- Howl-O-Ween Bash: Join Pet PALS for their first ever Howl-O-Ween bash at the new hit nightclub, Halo at the NC Music Factory.
Enjoy appetizers, drink specials and dancing all to support the Humane Society of Charlotte. While costumes aren’t required, they are encourged. We hope you can come out for a howling good time! Halo 820 Hamilton St Suite A2 Charlotte, NC 28206 704-246-1752 .
Looking for something REALLY SPOOKY? So SPOOKY that they do not recommend it for children 12 and under? Check out Forbidden Farms!:
“Forbidden Farms is celebrating the 2009 season with a nightmarish collection of 5 enhanced and electrifying scare zones.
Can you survive the total chaos and terror of spine-tingling, blood-curdling moments in all 5 scare zones?????
Come gather around the bonfires, at the well-known Carrigan Farms Rock Quarry, before or after you enter the haunted trail!
Visit us on Facebook, become a Fan and receive special discounts and coupons.”
Have a GREAT Lake Norman Halloween!!!