For 2011 Lake Norman Halloween Information go to: Lake Norman Halloween Happenings 2011
Lake Norman is a great place to celebrate Halloween. From haunted houses to old-fashioned Main Street celebrations to costume parties and live entertainment at local night clubs there truly is something for everyone! (Just so you know how genuine this article really is, my daughter and I carved the pumpkins above last year.)
Every year at this time the Lake Norman area comes alive with pumpkin patches, Halloween festivities for all ages and homes decorated to welcome all of our young trick -or -treaters. Many of our subdivisions have their own neighborhood events but here are some more options:
If you are in search of a pumpkin patch:
- Carrigan Farms: Hayrides to the pumpkin patch 9-4 Saturday and 12-4 Sundays through Halloween. Pick a pumpkin, visit the animals and have some fresh apple cider.
- Patterson Farm: Pumpkin patch is open with tours through Nov. 6th and on weekends don’t miss Paw Paw Carl’s Palyground where you can enjoy hayrides, a corn pit, Tomato Slingshot, Duck Races and more! See their website for more details.
Or, just look to any of our many local produce stands like Josh’s Produce Market on Williamson Road who are brimming over with pumpkins and decorations for your Lake Norman home!
Of course, it would not be Halloween without some fun, and even spooky events for all ages and Lake Norman is full of options!
- This year, Carrigan Farms’ Scarrigan Farms is supposed to be so scary that moms enjoying smores on the other side of the quarry can hear their kids screaming as they walk throw the haunted trail. As they say on their website: This is not a trail for kids. If you’re under 12 come back when you’re old enough. We’ll be waiting. If someone hasn’t peed in their pants by the end of the night we know haven’t done our job. Come gather around the bonfires, at the well-known Carrigan Farms Rock Quarry, before or after you enter the haunted trail. Visit Scrarrigan Farms on Facebook.
- The Haunting: October 16,17, 20-24,27-31. Enjoy a night of fright at the haunted house sponsored by Park Avenue Properties benefiting the Cornelius Animal Shelter and the Iredell County Humane Society at The Iredell County Fairgrounds: 630 N Main Street in Troutman. For more information: Haunted House Lake Norman.
- Ghost Tales in the Dark: October 15-16 & 22-23. Take a candlelight tour of the Latta Plantation at night as you listen to ghost stories. For more information: Latta Plantation.
- Downtown Davidson’s Halloween March on Main Street in Davidson. October 29th 5-7pm. Free. Costumed characters of all ages are invited to march! 704.892.3349.
- Halloween Fun at Birkdale Village: October 31st:All ages will enjoy an afternoon of games, art, crafts, balloons and more including a petting zoo. Birkdale Village in Huntersville from 4-6pm. Free!
- Downtown Mooresville Annual Halloween Treat for Families: 3-5pm Oct. 29. Downtown will be crawling with little ghosts and goblins as businesses hand out candy and treats. 3 – 5pm.
- Downtown Statesville Trick or Treating: October 29th: 4-6pm. Downtown Statesville at Broad Street and Center Street. Free!
- Pumpkin Run 8K Road Race & 2K Costumed Fun Run October 30th: Offered by the Mooresville Recreation Department with all proceeds going to the Recreation Foundation. 9:00am – Noon.
- Murder at the Movies October 30th: Lake Norman Players will act out this movie mystery as a fundraiser for Serenity House from 5:30 – 9:30pm at the Charles Mack Citizens Center.
- Hallo-Groove at the Bathtub October 30 9:00pm – 2:30am: Come to the costume ball at The Bathtub Gin in Downtown Mooresville and enjoy music From A Seed and Lamb Handler. Ages 21 and up.
- North Carolina Fright Factory, Uptown’s Largest Haunted House” located at the NC Music Factory on Thurs – Sundays Oct. 7-31st.
Have a GREAT and SAFE Lake Norman Halloween!!!