Lake Norman is a great place to celebrate Halloween. From haunted houses to old-fashioned Main Street celebrations to costume parties and live entertainment at local night clubs there truly is something for everyone!
Every year at this time the Lake Norman area comes alive with pumpkin patches, Corn Mazes, Halloween festivities for all ages and homes decorated to welcome all of our young trick -or -treaters. Many of our subdivisions have their own neighborhood events but here are some more options:
If you are in search of a pumpkin patch:
- Carrigan Farms: Hayrides to the pumpkin patch 9-4 Saturday and 12-4 Sundays through Halloween. Pick a pumpkin, visit the animals and have some fresh apple cider.
- Patterson Farm: Pumpkin patch is open with tours through Nov. 6th and on weekends don’t miss Paw Paw Carl’s Playground where you can enjoy hayrides, a corn pit, Tomato Slingshot, Duck Races and more! See their website link above for more details.
Or, just look to any of our many local produce stands like Josh’s Produce Market on Williamson Road in Mooresville who are brimming over with pumpkins and decorations for your Lake Norman home!
Of course, it would not be Halloween without some fun, and even spooky events for all ages and Lake Norman is full of options!
- This year, Carrigan Farms’ Scarrigan Farms is supposed to be so scary that moms enjoying smores on the other side of the quarry can hear their kids screaming as they walk throw the haunted trail. As they say on their website: This is not a trail for kids. If you’re under 12 come back when you’re old enough. We’ll be waiting. If someone hasn’t peed in their pants by the end of the night we know haven’t done our job. Come gather around the bonfires, at the well-known Carrigan Farms Rock Quarry, before or after you enter the haunted trail. Visit Scrarrigan Farms on Facebook.
- Halloween Party Cruise on Lake Norman! Get dressed up, climb aboard and party with DJ Darin Henley. Drink specials, hors d’oeuvres and a costume contest with cash prizes. Ages 21 and up at Queens Landing.
- The Latta Plantation has several fun events for Halloween: Ghost Tales in the Dark: October 12-13 & 19-20. Take a candlelight tour of the Latta Plantation at night as you listen to ghost stories. They also will be having an “All Hallow’s Eve” event on October 13th from 10am – 4pm and a Civil War Ghost Walk tour on October 26th and 27th. For more information: Latta Plantation
- Ghost Walk of Davidson is an opportunity to travel back in time and hear stories of days gone by , the Ghost of General William Lee Davidson and the Ghost of Chambers Hall during this historic walking tour through beautiful Davidson. Fridays and Saturdays at 7:00pm. Reservations: 704.928.5452.
- Downtown Davidson’s Halloween March on Main Street in Davidson. Friday, October 26th 5-7pm. Free. Costumed characters of all ages are invited to march and collect Halloween treats from the Downtown Merchants. Starts at the Town Hall. 704.892.3349.
- Halloween Hunting at Birkdale Village: October 31st: Look for the scavenger hunt clue sheet inserted in today’s paper and visit Birkdale Village on Halloween for treats and fun! Decipher the clues, complete your sheet and enter to win a $100 Birkdale Village gift card!Then PARTY with Radio Disney at the fountain and enter our costume contest for another chance to win! Birkdale Village in Huntersville from 4-6pm. Free!
- Downtown Mooresville Annual Halloween Treat for Families: 3-5pm Oct. 31. Downtown will be crawling with little ghosts and goblins as businesses hand out candy and treats. 3 – 5pm.
- The Cornelius “Boo Bash” is on October 27th. A frightfuly-filled evening of arts and crafts, costume contests, face painting, food, hay rides, pumpkin decorating and music. 6-9pm. Bailey Road Park, Cornelius.
- Downtown Statesville Trick or Treating: October 31th: 4-6pm. Downtown Statesville at Broad Street and Center Street. Free!
- Haunted Statesville Tours! Oct. 19-20 and 26-27. Come if you dare! This walking ghost tour is full of old stories and legends from Statesville’s past. Step beyond the beauty of Statesville’s historic downtown and discover its true haunted history–where tales of spirits, scary creatures, mysterious deaths and creepy alleys become real. Tours run every half hour between 6:30 – 8 pm. Tickets are $10 per person or 4 for $35. Reservations are required.
- Halloween Fun at Rural Hill: October 27th: Radio Disney will spin spooky tune and Zootastic will have a petting zoo and pony ride. Other activities include arts and crafts, balloons, hay rides, moon bounce and more. Fun for the whole family!
- North Carolina Music Factory, Charlotte’s biggest and baddest Halloween Bash is back! Music, Monsters and Mayhem returns to NC Music Factory on Saturday, October 27. One ticket gets you in to the biggest party in town. Advance tickets are on sale now for just $10.
Did I miss anything? Let me know and I will add your events to my list!
Have a GREAT and SAFE Lake Norman Halloween!!!