Attention!!! Go here for our: Lake Norman Area 2016/2017 New Year’s Eve Celebrations!
Lake Norman and the greater Charlotte area don’t have just one major New Years’ celebration or event, instead we have myriad ways to celebrate on New Year’s Eve 2015 and New Year’s Day 2016. Our public celebrations are, for the most part, found at local restaurants and entertainment venues spread throughout Lake Norman and Charlotte. From cruises on our beautiful Lake Norman to elegant 5-course dinners to rockin’ oldies bands, there truly is something for everyone.
Probably the ultimate Lake Norman New Year’s Eve celebration is a cruise on our beautiful lake. The Queens Landing New Year’s Eve Cruises offer truly elegant dining on the Lady of the Lake or a bit more casual on the Catawba Queen. Featuring light hors d’oeuvres served throughout the night and a full menu from Jacks Dockside Gril, there’s also music from Johnny B with Carolina’s Beach Party, Jim Quick and the Coastline Band, Sammy O’Banion and a broadcasting on the ball drop and champagne toast at midnight. Breakfast buffet with a prime rib carving station, omelets, shrimp & grits and more. VIP tickets will get a meet and greet cruise and have reserve seating. $65-$100. Dec. 31, 7 p.m. Queens Landing, 1459 River Highway, Mooresville. 704-663-2628.
The very best way to find out what is happening in all of Charlotte and Lake Norman is to pick up a free copy of Creative Loafing. Here is a link to their New Year’s Eve Guide for 2015…it is very long and growing! It is amazing how much is going on this year!!!! They even do hourly updates on their Food and Drink section.
The best sources for lists of New Years Eve events in our Lake Norman area are LKNFun.com which has a long list of special events in the Lake Norman area restaurants and bars and, 704 Events.com which are websites devoted to entertainment and dining information in the greater Lake Norman area.
Here are few highlights to wet your appetite:
- Charlotte’s official Uptown celebration:Ring in 2016 at the Queen City’s official celebration, CLT New Year’s Eve, Presented by Ally! This fun, family-friendly event will include crafts, games, food trucks and a DJ—and of course the lighting of the Queen City crown and a spectacular fireworks display at midnight.The festivities kick off at 6:00 p.m. in Romare Bearden Park with Crown Town – a chance for revelers of all ages to decorate a crown to wear as we prepare to ring in the new year. Food trucks will be on hand, along with plenty of entertainment. A DJ starts spinning at 10:00, and we’ll ring in 2016 with amazing fireworks as the clock strikes 12. This is an alcohol-free event.
- New Year’s Eve at the Galway Hooker Irish Pub in Cornelius 9pm to 2am, 17044 Kenton Drive, Cornelius – The all inclusive party features two levels of entertainment, beer, wine and liquor, a complimentary hors d’oeuvres buffet, party decor and favors, and live music and DJ. V.I.P tables also available for purchase. For more information: l 704-895-1782. $70. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. VIP is sold out!
- Celebrate Lake Norman’s exciting waterfront restaurant: Port City Club on New Years’s Eve: We are NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS for the 5, 7:00 & 9:00 seatings – offering a special 4-course dinner created for this special occasion. Live Music starts at 9:15pm and will bring in the New Year with a Champagne Toast at Midnight. Enjoy dancing in the Lounge Area. Call 704-765-1565
- Eddies of Lake Norman is having fireworks! Join us here at Eddies to Ring in the New Year on the Shoreline of Beautiful Lake Norman for our Fireworks Party!! Dinner will begin at 9 pm and will include the following: (Your choice of one each) Appetizer, Dinner and a Dessert! All for $49.95 per person! Our regular menu will also be available to those of you who do not wish to order from the Pre Fixe Menu. We will also have Music, Dancing, Party Favors, Champagne Toast and Fireworks over the Lake at Midnight! Call today to make your reservation at 704-799-2090!
- Epic Chop House in Historic Downtown Mooresville will be offering a 4-course dinner with champagne at midnight. 3 seatings. Call: 704 230 1720 for reservations.
- Bacchus Wine and Tappas at Langtree is having a New Year’s Eve celebration all day on the 31st and live music from Chris Sanchez starting at 8:pm. Compimentary sparking toast at midnight!
- Sparkle & GlowNew Year’s Eve At the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden: “Get an early start on ringing in the New Year while you enjoy the final night of Holidays at the Garden. Our elegant evening of sparkling wine tasting includes light savory appetizers provided by Owner and Executive Chef of Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen Alyssa Gorelick, and commemorative flute.Cost: $35 includes admission to Holidays at the Garden festivities. Registration required by Dec. 22; call 704-829-1252.”
- Ring in the new year at The Melting Pot. New Year’s Eve at The Melting Pot is a night to remember including a fabulous five-course feature menu to ring in 2015! Reservations required.
- Blue Monday at The Rusty Rudder for New Year’s, Rusty Rudder, 20210 Henderson Road, Cornelius – New Year’s Eve at the Rudder, no cover charge. Live music by Blue Monday. They claim it is the BEST New Year’s Eve celebration on Lake Norman!
- Chillfire, a new restaurant in Denver opened by the owners of Epic Chophouse, is also offering a 3-seating New Year’s Eve similar to Epic Chop House’s.
- I have been unable to confirm this year’s but last year: New Year’s Explosion Party, 6pm-2am, Dirty Martini, 17036 Kenton Drive, Kenton Place, Cornelius – New Year’s eve party, with complimentary champagne, food for those who come early. Tickets $15 in advance or before 8pm.
- Jack’s Corner Tap for New Year’s, 8301-1 Magnolia Estates Drive, Cornelius – 4th annual Jacks’ Corner Tap New Year’s Eve party. 704-892-4433
- The Kilted Buffalo is having a New Year’s Eve Party including Champagne at both their Birkdale and new Langree locations
- Michah’s Speak Easy in Mooresvile is rocking the New Year out with Brit and Issac from Nashville. At Miciah’s we want you to relax in this “Golden Era (1930-1945)” of world change. Now under new Management and in partnership with Davidson’s Brickhouse Tavern… Miciah’s is now the best place to relax and enjoy a classic martini, or a fine Cigar on the back patio.
- On The Roxx Martini Bar in Cornelius: is having a New Year’s Eve celebration with DJ Erok!! Enjoy drink specials and NO COVER.
- New Year’s Eve Party at Eddie’s Seafood & Raw Bar in Mooresville with DJ Jonny B and Fireworks. $75 (I have not yet confirmed this for this year)
- Try one of Lake Norman’s newest restaurants: Trattoria Al Gusto in Mooresville or The Cork and Cast, in Cornelius. Support our local Lake Norman businesses!
- How about some late night sushi? Late Night at Eez in Birkdale Village
- Alton’s Kitchen & Cocktails offers a set-price four-course Champagne dinner for New Year’s Eve, for $55 per person. Alton’s is at 19918 N. Cove Road in Jetton Village, Cornelius. Call 704-655-2727.
If you are less about parties and more about fitness, join the First Footin’ Walk and Five Mile Run on New Years Day at the Rural Hill Center of Scottish Heritage in Huntersville. Or Lake Norman’s New Year’s Day Barefoot Challenge tournament at the Lake Norman Marina and hosted by the Carolina Show Ski Team.
Some events are already sold out which is why I am posting this list earlier this year. Check back for additions and please add any events you know about in the comments or email me at Diane@dianeaurit.com.
***NEW additions I found last year but have not been able to confirm for this year:
- Trudy Zangardi is throwing a Wine & Champagne Celebration New Year’s Eve at The Lake Norman Cottage, at Davidson Landing, off I-77 Exit 30. She’ll be offering a special menu with wine selections. Reservations at 704-237-3629.
- Millstone Bake House & Provisions, 208 S. Main St., downtown Davidson, plans an “After Hours New Year’s Eve Party” from 10:30pm to 1am on New Year’s Eve. The reservation-only gathering will include food and drink, live music, and a midnight toast and party favor. $40 per person. Reservations at 704-895-7836.
- Flatiron Kitchen + Taphouse at 215 S. Main St., Davidson is another choice for New Year’s eve, with a four-course dinner for two, for $100.
- Il Bosco Ristorante on Depot Street in Davidson will be open for New Year’s Eve dinner, with a five course set menu for $65. Space is limited – reservations by phone only at 704-987-1388.
- Harvey’s restaurants in Cornelius and Huntersville will be open New Year’s Eve. In Cornelius, they’re planing live trivia at 8pm, with a DJ starting at 10pm. Both locations also will be open for college football on New Year’s Day. Harvey’s in Cornelius is at 19707 Liverpool Parkway, off I-77 Exit 28. The Huntersville location is at 13812 Cinnabar Place in the Vermillion neighborhood, Huntersville.