* For 2015 Halloween Events go to: Lake Norman Halloween Happenings and Events 2015; BOO!
Lake Norman is a great place to celebrate Halloween. From haunted houses to old-fashioned Main Street celebrations to costume parties and live entertainment at local night clubs there truly is something for everyone!
Every year at this time the Lake Norman area comes alive with pumpkin patches, Corn Mazes, Halloween festivities for all ages and homes decorated to welcome all of our young trick -or -treaters. Many of our subdivisions have their own neighborhood events but here are some more options:
If you are in search of a pumpkin patch:
- Carrigan Farms: Hayrides to the pumpkin patch 9-4 Saturday and 12-4 Sundays through Halloween. Pick a pumpkin, visit the animals and have some fresh apple cider.
- Patterson Farm: Pumpkin patch is open with tours through Nov. 6th and on weekends don’t miss Paw Paw Carl’s Playground where you can enjoy hayrides, a corn pit, Tomato Slingshot, Duck Races and more! See their website link above for more details.
- Davidson United Methodist Church’s Pumpkin Patch offers pumpkins for sale through Halloween on the lawn of the Molly McKay House, 260 S. Main Street, Davidson
Or, just look to any of our many local produce stands like Josh’s Produce Market on Williamson Road in Mooresville who are brimming over with pumpkins and decorations for your Lake Norman home!
Of course, it would not be Halloween without some fun, and even spooky events for all ages and Lake Norman is full of options!
- This year, Carrigan Farms’ Scarrigan Farms is supposed to be so scary that moms enjoying smores on the other side of the quarry can hear their kids screaming as they walk throw the haunted trail. As they say on their website: This is not a trail for kids. If you’re under 12 come back when you’re old enough. We’ll be waiting. If someone hasn’t peed in their pants by the end of the night we know haven’t done our job. Come gather around the bonfires, at the well-known Carrigan Farms Rock Quarry, before or after you enter the haunted trail. Visit Scrarrigan Farms on Facebook. It began October 5th and continues Friday to Sunday nights through November 2nd and includes Thursday, October 31st of course! (Today their website was down but hopefully it will be up shortly.)
- Planet of Terror Haunted After Dark is Lake Norman area’s newest professional haunted experience! Located at Queens Landing on Hwy 150 in Mooresville at the Lake Norman bridge, it sounds really scary. Starts this weekend, October 10-13th. Check the link for more details.
- The Latta Plantation has several fun events for Halloween: Ghost Tales in the Dark: October 11-12 & 18-19. Take a candlelight tour of the Latta Plantation at night as you listen to real ghost stories. They also will be having an “All Hallow’s Eve” event on October 19th from 10am – 4pm and a Civil War Ghost Walk tour on October 25th – 26th. For more information: Latta Plantation
- Downtown Davidson’s Halloween March on Main Street in Davidson. October 26th 5-7 pm. Free. Costumed characters of all ages are invited to march and collect Halloween treats from the Downtown Merchants. Starts at the Town Hall.
- Downtown Mooresville’s Annual Halloween Treat for Families: 3-5pm Oct. 30. Downtown will be crawling with little ghosts and goblins as businesses hand out candy and treats. 3 – 5pm.
- Huntersville will have a Halloween Fun event at Rural Hill from 2-6 pm on October 26th. There will be games, arts & craft vendors, moon bounce, pumpkin patch,face painting, live music, food, costume contest & much more! Don’t forget that Rural Hill also has it’s annual Amazing Maize Maze running from October 19th to November 13th.
- Downtown Statesville Trick or Treating: October 31 st: 4-6pm. Downtown Statesville at Broad Street and Center Street. Free! It’s that time of year again when all the little ghosts and goblins converge on our downtown businesses to receive their treats. Trick or Treating will take place in the Downtown Business District on Thursday, October 31, from 4 to 6 p.m. Participating businesses will give away candy to costumed kids aged 12 and younger. Please mark your calendars! As in years past, an orange pumpkin with the downtown logo will be displayed in the window of those businesses that are participating in this event.
- Haunted Statesville Tours! Oct. 18-19 and 25-26. Come if you dare! This walking ghost tour is full of old stories and legends from Statesville’s past. Step beyond the beauty of Statesville’s historic downtown and discover its true haunted history–where tales of spirits, scary creatures, mysterious deaths and creepy alleys become real. Tours run every half hour between 6:30 – 8 pm. Tickets are $10 per person or 4 for $35. Reservations are required. Haunted Statesville is a walking ghost tour full of old stories and legends from Statesville’s past. Tours being inside the newly renovated City Hall and step beyond the beauty of Statesville’s historic downtown and discover its true haunted history–where tales of spirits, scary creatures, mysterious deaths and creepy alleys become real. Tours run October 18-19 and October 25-26 every half hour between 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Tickets are $10 per person. Reservations are required.
Did I miss anything? Let me know and I will add your events to my list!
Have a GREAT and SAFE Lake Norman Halloween!!!