*For 2016 Halloween activities and events to go: Lake Norman’s 2016 Halloween Events, Pumpkin Patches and More!
Every year at this time the Lake Norman area comes alive with pumpkin patches, corn mazes, Halloween festivities for all ages and homes decorated to welcome all of our young trick -or -treaters. Many of our subdivisions and communities around Lake Norman have their own neighborhood events that are really popular and are a great way to get to know your neighbors. But here are some more options from kid-friendly to oh-so scary:
If you are in search of a pumpkin patch:
- Carrigan Farms: Hayrides to the pumpkin patch on the weekends from 9-4pm. Pick a pumpkin, visit the animals and have some fresh apple cider.
- Patterson Farm: Pumpkin patch is open with tours through the end of October. See their website link above for more details as they have a lot going on this month!
- Davidson United Methodist Church’s Pumpkin Patch for Missions . Carving pumpkins, decorative gourds and corn husks, and hay bales–all from local farmers–are for sale through November 4th on the lawn of the Molly McKay House, 260 S. Main Street, Davidson. 11:00am -7pm week days and 10:00am – 8pm on weekends
Or, just look to any of our many local produce stands like Josh’s Farmers Market on Williamson Road in Mooresville who are already brimming over with pumpkins and decorations for your Lake Norman home!
Of course, it would not be Halloween without some fun, and even spooky events for all ages and Lake Norman is full of options!
- This year, Carrigan Farms’ Scarrigan Farms is supposed to be so scary that moms enjoying smores on the other side of the quarry can hear their kids screaming as they walk throw the haunted trail. As they say on their website: “This is not a trail for kids. If you’re under 12 come back when you’re old enough. We’ll be waiting. If someone hasn’t peed in their pants by the end of the night we know haven’t done our job.” Come gather around the bonfires, at the well-known Carrigan Farms Rock Quarry, before or after you enter the haunted trail. Visit Scrarrigan Farms on Facebook. It began October 3rd and continues Friday to Sunday nights through November 2nd and includes Thursday, October 31st of course!
- The Latta Plantation has several fun events for Halloween: Ghost Tales in the Dark: October 11-12 & 18-19. Take a candlelight tour of the Latta Plantation at night as you listen to real ghost stories. Oct. 18th is their All Hallow’s Eve: Learn about the history of Halloween and meet some of its famous characters throughout history. Children can trick-or-treat around the plantation, participate in costume contests, make crafts, and more. The Civil War Ghost Walk tour is on October 24-25th: Travel through the Plantation at night as you venture past an explosive Civil War battlefield, survive a soldiers cemetery, escape a ghostly prison camp, and enjoy being frightened all in the spirit of Halloween. 6-9 p.m. $8 adults, $7 seniors and students, free ages 5 and under and members. Latta Plantation 5225 Sample Road, Huntersville. 704-875-2312. For more information: Latta Plantation.
- Rural Hill’s Amazing Maize Maze continues through November 2nd. See my blog article: Rural Hill’s Amazing Maize Maze
- Ghost Walk of Davidson: Come join us for a spooky evening filled with fun and storytelling during a walking tour of the historical town of Davidson. Call for times and reservations. $10 adults, $5 children ages 8-12, free for children seven and under. All ages welcome. Meet in front of The Soda Shop, 104 S. Main Street, Davidson. 704-928-5452. For additional information, visit our Facebook page.
- Downtown Davidson’s Halloween March on Main Street in Davidson. October 24th 5-7 pm. Free. Costumed characters of all ages are invited to march and collect Halloween treats from the Downtown Merchants. Starts at the Town Hall.
- Downtown Mooresville’s Annual Halloween Treat for Families: 3-5pm Oct. 31st. Downtown will be crawling with little ghosts and goblins as businesses hand out candy and treats. 3 – 5pm.
- LangTree Lake Norman is having a Halloween Costume Party on October 31st from 6-10pm. Live Outdoor Music from 7-10pm, an evening sunset over Lake Norman, Drink Specials, After-Hours Retail, Food, Fun & Prizes!
- Downtown Statesville Trick or Treating: October 31 st: 4-6pm. Downtown Statesville at Broad Street and Center Street. Free! It’s that time of year again when all the little ghosts and goblins converge on our downtown businesses to receive their treats. Trick or Treating will take place in the Downtown Business District on Thursday, October 31, from 4 to 6 p.m. Participating businesses will give away candy to costumed kids aged 12 and younger. Please mark your calendars! As in years past, an orange pumpkin with the downtown logo will be displayed in the window of those businesses that are participating in this event.
- Haunted Statesville Tours! Oct. 17-18 and 24-25. Come if you dare! This walking ghost tour is full of old stories and legends from Statesville’s past. Step beyond the beauty of Statesville’s historic downtown and discover its true haunted history–where tales of spirits, scary creatures, mysterious deaths and creepy alleys become real. Tours run every half hour between 6:30 – 8 pm. Tickets are $10 per person and reservations are required. Haunted Statesville is a walking ghost tour full of old stories and legends from Statesville’s past. Tours being inside the newly renovated City Hall and step beyond the beauty of Statesville’s historic downtown and discover its true haunted history–where tales of spirits, scary creatures, mysterious deaths and creepy alleys become real. Historic Downtown Statesville, City Hall (227 S. Center Street) on the corner of East Front and South Center Streets. 704-878-3436.
Did I miss anything? Let me know and I will add your events to my list!
Have a GREAT and SAFE Lake Norman Halloween!!!