I hear it all of the time from my Lake Norman home buyers: They simply can’t find an effective way to search for homes that are for sale in the Lake Norman area. They try Realtor.com, all of the major national franchise sites and even local sites but simply get frustrated. Many times they use a combination of sites just to get the information they are looking for. Well, I am here to tell all Lake Norman area home buyers to STOP SEARCHING!
The Charlotte Regional Multiple Listing Service which encompasses Mooresville and the entire Lake Norman area, provides a home buyer system called “Gateway” that enables me to create a custom search(s) for my buyers with their own website where they can prioritize their custom list of active homes for sale, delete the ones they don’t like, make comments about the ones they do and even share information back and forth with me.
Once this program is set up, all one has to do is sit back and read their email. No more searching! The Gateway program will automatically email my buyers updates about new listings, price reductions and will remove homes from their homepage once they are under contract.
There are several things you should consider when setting up your Mooresville or Lake Norman area home search:
- Your search needs to be narrow enough to have a list that is manageable. This means you need to sit down and define and rank your priorities!
- Your search shouldn’t be so specific with so many criteria that there are no results at all. Again, prioritize!
There are 133 search criteria I can choose from to create my buyers’ Gateway program so clearly it can be significantly more customized than any other search home buyers can use on the Internet without being a member of the MLS.
The most important home search criteria for our Mooresville Lake Norman area are the following but one certainly doesn’t need to use them all!:
- Area/Subarea: Mooresville by Lake Norman (area 13/2) or the area by Historic Downtown Mooresville (area 12/6) , Troutman (area 13/1), Cornelius and Huntersville (area 13/3) Denver (area 13/4), or all 6 areas surrounding Lake Norman (Area 13).
- Listing price: It is best to provide a range a bit higher and lower than your target purchase price.
- Total Heated Square Footage of the home: Again, a range is best.
- Lot Description: Waterview, Waterfront, Golf Course View, Cul-de-Sac etc.
- Exterior Features: Boat Slip, Boat House, Floating Dock and more.
- Main Level Rooms Do you want a Master-bedroom on the main floor?
- New Construction? A simple yes or no.
- Parking: Size of Garage, Number of parking spaces.
- Subdivision: Do you know that you want to live in a specific subdivision like The Point, The Farms or The Harbour at the Point or is this not important to you?
- Total number of bedrooms: Put in your minimum and maximum.
- Total number of bathrooms: Put in your minimum and maximum.
- Year Built: If you don’t have to have brand new construction we can choose an age that is acceptable to you.
You can also search by: Lot size, which rooms you want on each level of the home, City, Community Features (55 and older, Boat Ramp etc.), Schools, Exterior Construction (brick, etc), Fire Place, Heated Square Feet on each level of the home, HOA Fees, Type of HVAC, Laundry Location, Style of Home (Bungalow, Cape Cod, etc), Tax Location, Total number of bedrooms and bathrooms BY FLOOR, Type of Water Heater, Zoning and about 100 more criteria a list of which I would be happy to send you.
What is also great about this Charlotte MLS Gateway Program is that as my clients get notifications thay start learning more about the Lake Norman market. They learn what is selling and what isn’t and when/if a listing is reduced. When they are ready to look at properties they will have a better feel for what is available in the Lake Norman area in their price range. My clients and I usually work off of these lists when viewing their first round of properties which makes the actual time previewing homes so much for effective.
If you have questions about this program or would like me to set you up with your own Gateway program, just drop me an email with your search parameters: email@example.com.