Okay, so I admit it. Every year one of my New Year’s resolutions is always about fitness. And, if you turn on a TV or read just about any news or gossip publication while in line at the market you will not escape their annual focus on health and fitness. If it’s January, it must be time to start that exercise routine, loose the holiday pounds or start focusing on healthy eating habits.
For those of you new to Lake Norman or considering relocating here, you will be happy to know that Lake Norman has an incredible variety of fitness facilities, gyms and parks for every level/age and lifestyle. Even during this crazy arctic cold spell there are plenty of ways to fight going stir-crazy!
Full Service Gyms and Fitness Facilities:
- Lowe’s YMCA in Mooresville (704.716.4000) and Lake Norman YMCA in Cornelius (704.716.4400) are truly incredible facilities for the entire family. Part of the YMCA of Greater Charlotte,they offer literally thousands of programs including: Aquatics, Arts and Performing Arts, Child Care (including after school and Day Camp), Fitness and Wellness, Sports and Special Programs and Events. Now is the time to register for spring sports including soccer, tee-ball, baseball and preschool clinics. The Lowe’s YMCA in Mooresville is truly THE place to go and the best news is there is no fee to join and they offer financial assistance for starter memberships!
- Precision Fitness (704.662.8664) has facilities in Mooresville, Cornelius, Huntersville and Denver which offer Personal Training, Weight-loss/Metabolic Testing/Nutritional Counseling, “Serious training for Serious Athletes”, Corporate Wellness, Massage Therapy and “Look Great at The Lake” Fitness Boot Camp. Check out their “Fit Bitz” Weekly bits on fitness, nutrition and wellness as well.
- Mooresville’s Gold’s Gym (704.664.4022) offers: Aerobics, Childcare, Circuit Training, Dance, Elliptical Trainers, Free Weights, Group Spin Cycling, Kickboxing, Martial Arts, Personal Training, Plate Loaded Machines,
- In Motion Fitness has six locations including Mooresville, Cornelius and Davidson. they offer one-on-0ne, personal training, Fit Extreme Class, group training, youth programs and sport specific conditioning. (704.895.5000).
- Curves in Mooresville (704.658.1037)
- Fitness on Demand in Moooresville (704.663.8823)
- Pilates Studio at the Lake Offering pilates private, semi-private and group sessions as well as programs for athletes and boot camps. The also offer Massage Therapy and Reflexology. Mooresvilles: (704.664.7448) and Davidson (704.987.8966).
- Ahlara International Influences for the home-body-mind-spirit-spa is located just off Williamson Rd. at 155 Joe V Knox Avenue in Mooresville. (704.662.0946). “Ahlara’s 150o square foot wellness center is the perfect setting for wellness classes, workshops and community events. ” They offer yoga and Tai Chi classes for “gentle flexibility and strengthening for the body as well as workshops that explore spirituality, movement, meditation, growth, abundance and freedom.
- RT Berry School of Taekwon-Do (704.658.0544)
Of course, this list barely scratches the surface of all of the sports, recreation and fitness related activities here in Lake Norman. But, as long as it stays this cold, these are some great options to help you keep in shape and prepare for your favorite sports!