Tomorrow, Saturday, November 26, 2011 is the second annual “Shop Small“, a national effort to turn holiday shoppers’ focus on small businesses. I say, let’s not only think small but also local! What better way to support our Lake Norman communities than shopping at our many locally owned and operated business?
Need some inspiration? Here are some ideas to help you get started:
Check out the list of members of the Mooresville-South Iredell Chamber of Commerce or the Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce!
Another great resource is Yelp Charlotte where you can find reviews and information about shopping, restaurants, events and more.
Here are a few of my favorites as well:
- Lavendar Boutique (Great designer jean selection in Mooresville Town Square)
- Landmark Galleries (Cotton Ketchie’s gorgeous art, photography as well as pottery, frames and his latest books)
- The American Classic Antique Mall in Downtown Mooresville
- La Patisserie (See my Business of the Week review)
- The Daily Grind (see my Business of the Week reviews)
- Epic Chop House (Downtown Mooresville)
- Mint (Great Indian restaurant in the Best Buy Shopping Center on Hwy 150)
- Joe Fish Casual Seafood (Mooreville)
- Monkee’s of Lake Norman Boutique
- Flat Irons Restaurant
- Toast Restaurant
- North Harbor Club
- The shops along Downtown Main Street
- 131 Main Restaurant
- Ferrucci’s Italian Market
- Marrakesh Morroccan Restaurant
- Birkdale Village
- Wild Birds Unlimited
- Dearness Gardens
- Red Mango Frozen Yogurt
- The Bradford Store
These are just a few that come to mind but please feel free to add more in the comments and I will add them to this list!