Wow, I can’t believe that I wrote this in 2008, nearly 12 years ago! What a wonderful journey it has been. When I set out to write this blog no one else in the Lake Norman area wrote one so I broke a lot of ground and had a great time doing it. (And I sold a few homes along the way too :-). The Lake Norman area has grown SO much during these past 11+ years so suffice to say it would be impossible to keep up with new restaurants and developments all around the lake. However, if you go back to my first year or two of articles most of what I wrote about life here is still very much the same. Folks still wave, we still have hush puppies and a lot more sushi, and most of all I still love living here! My own good news is that I retired this year so now I have time to truly enjoy life in Lake Norman, not just write about it. I have turned this special project of mine over to the very capable hands of Abigail Jennings the owner extraordinaire of Lake Norman Realty. But, I am still here so always feel free to reach out if you have any questions. I wish you all the best!
I am so glad you stopped by to see what is happening in our wonderful Lake Norman area.
You will probably find that I write quite enthusiastically about Lake Norman and about life here. That is because I am writing through the eyes of someone who discovered, fell in love with and just up and moved to Mooresville Lake Norman in 2005 for no other reason than my husband and I decided it was the ultimate place in the country to live.
If you know the old adage “There is no substitute for experience,” I have found that this definitely applies to all of my real estate services. My extensive marketing background, years in real estate that have encompassed a diversity of locations, economic markets, price ranges, types of housing, cultures, ethnicities, ages and personalities of clients, comprise the foundation upon which I build all of my customized real estate services.
My mission is simple: to focus on quality, not quantity, always strive to be one step ahead of the rest and to represent every buyer or seller with the highest level of professionalism, knowledge and a strong commitment to providing them with the education, counseling and guidance to make their real estate experience as successful and stress-free as possible.
I know this sounds corny, but, honestly, there is only one thing that truly motivates me: I care. I care about every one of the clients I choose to work with and I do my absolute best to represent them, support them and educate them; designing their real estate experience to best suit their needs and meet their goals.
Just the Facts
- 1991 Licensed real estate broker, specializing in residential sales
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
- Certified Green Professional (National Association of Home Builders)
- National Association of Realtors Green Designation
- Member of the Lake Norman Home Builders Association’s Green Building Council
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- Graduate REALTORS Institute (GRI)
- At Home with Diversity National Certification from the National Association of Realtors
- Designated Relocation Specialist
- Member, Historic Real Estate Program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Member of the Charlotte Real Estate Association, North Carolina Association of REALTORS and the National Association of REALTORS
- Community Involvement includes: Past Treasurer of the Board of Directors of SCAN (Stop Child Abuse Now) Center of Iredell County; Past President and current member of the Board of Directors of the Mooresville/Lake Norman Exchange Club; Founding member of the Mooresville Museum; Past Member of the Mooresville Artist Guild; Past Committee Member of the annual “Stocks for Tots” (NASCAR related) fundraiser and the Annual “Cotton Ketchie Arts Festival”.
- B.A. in English; University of California, Berkeley
- Married with two children
- Just for fun: In-line skating; running; cycling; gardening; boating; collecting North Carolina pottery ( especially Catawba Valley); my cats and going GREEN
When I begin helping clients with their real estate in Mooresville, NC I realized that I was immediately drawn to the many people from all over the country who are relocating here, whether by choice or for jobs.
Having lived in California, Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey and now North Carolina, I can find common ground with just about anyone relocating to our Lake Norman area. I know exactly what it is like to relocate here from personal experience so am able to guide my clients through the process. It is what I love to do!
Diane Aurit, contact me @