Every year at this time the Lake Norman area comes alive with pumpkin patches, Halloween festivities for all ages and homes decorated to welcome all of our young trick or treaters.
Perhaps it is because we are all trying to take our minds off of the Lake Norman real estate market and our national economic worries but it seems like this year the color orange is everywhere! Are you in searcch for a pumpkin patch? How about:
- Carrigan Farms: Open 9-5 weekdays, 9-4 Saturday and 12-4 Sundays through Halloween. Pick a pumpkin, visit the animals and have some fresh apple cider. There are even hayrides every 20 minutes! 1261 Oak Ridge Farm Highway/N.C.150, Mooresville.
- Fifth Annual Boy Scout Pumpkin Patch: Pumpkins and gourds of all shapes and sizes. 17115 Kenton Drive, Cornelius
- The Great Pumpkin Patch for Missions: Pumpkins, decorative corn, gourds and more! Davidson United Methodist Church: 233 S. Main Street. Davidson.
Or, just look to any of our many local produce stands who are brimming over with pumpkins and decorations for your Lake Norman home!
Of course, it would not be Halloween without some fun, and even spooky events for all ages.
- The Amazing Maize Maze at Rural Hill In Huntersville: Open through November 2 nd. My daughter and I want last year and had a great time but do wear comfortable shoes and allow enough time and energy to discover all of the clues to make it through the maze successfully! If you need help, the have volunteers perched high on watch towers there to give you some hints. On Halloween eve, Oct. 31st they will have a special evening of fun including music by Thistledown Tinkers, hayrides, a bonfire and a Flashlight Maze!
- Downtown Mooresville Halloween Treat for Families: 3-5pm Oct. 31st. Pumpkin Carving Contest, photographs of children in costumes and trick or treating for kids.
- Downtown Davidson’s Halloween March on Main Steet in Davidson 5-7pm. Free. Costumed characters of all ages are invited to march!
- Howl-O-Ween 2008: Happy Paws Day Care and kennel. October 25th 10am- 2pm. Trick-or-Treating, dog costume contest, Kid’s dress-up-as-a-dog contest and plenty of fun for humans too! 18441 Nantz Road, Cornelius.
Loooking for something REALLY SPOOKY? So SPOOKY that they do not recommend it for children 12 and under????
- The Haunted Trail: an outdoor haunted trail which is packed with spine-tingling terror
- The intimidating 25? Mayan Temple: Do you dare to enter the temple?
- Phobia Forest: New this year…promises to bring out your deepest, darkest fears!
- 3D Labyrinth: put on your 3-D Glasses and experience their most talked about attraction from last year.
- Hell’s Harvest Moonlit Corn Maze: Will you find your way out?
All of this plus roasting Smores over a bonfire while listening to their DJ. Where? Carrigan Farms in Mooresville on Hwy 150. (Directions are on their website…click on link above.)
Have a GREAT Halloween!!!
LEARN MORE ABOUT LAKE NORMAN