FOR 2019 go to : Lake Norman 2019 Halloween Events, Pumpkin Patches and More! New events have been added. Also, the photo above is the October 2019 Calendar!
Every year at this time the Lake Norman area comes alive with pumpkin patches, corn mazes, Halloween festivities for all ages and homes decorated to welcome all of our young trick -or -treaters. Many of our subdivisions and communities around Lake Norman have their own neighborhood events that are really popular and are a great way to get to know your neighbors. But here are some more options from kid-friendly to oh-so scary:
If you are in search of a pumpkin patch:
- Carrigan Farms: Hayrides to the pumpkin patch on the weekends from 9-4pm. Pick a pumpkin, visit the animals and have some fresh apple cider.
- Patterson Farm: Pick your own pumpkin patch is open with tours through November 3rd. See their website link above for more details as they have a lot going on this month!
- Or, just look to any of our many local produce stands like Josh’s Farmers Market on Williamson Road in Mooresville who are already brimming over with pumpkins and decorations for your Lake Norman home!
Of course, it would not be Halloween without some fun, and even spooky events for all ages and Lake Norman is full of options!
- This year, Carrigan Farms’ Scarrigan Farms is supposed to be so scary that moms enjoying smores on the other side of the quarry can hear their kids screaming as they walk through the haunted trail. As they say on their website: “This is not a trail for kids. If you’re under 12 come back when you’re old enough. We’ll be waiting. If someone hasn’t peed in their pants by the end of the night we know haven’t done our job.” Come gather around the bonfires, at the well-known Carrigan Farms Rock Quarry, before or after you enter the haunted trail. Visit Scrarrigan Farms on Facebook. It runs Friday to Sunday nights through Monday, October 31st of course!
- The Latta Plantation ( Latta Plantation 5225 Sample Road, Huntersville. 704-875-2312) has several fun events for Halloween:
- Their All Hallow’s Eve Family Day is on Oct. 21st from 10:00am – 2pm. Dress in your best Halloween costumes and trick-or-treat around the Latta Plantation. Play games, see historical demonstrations, meet the friendly farm animals while you visit. Children’s costume awards will be given to The Best Historical Character, The Best Classical Storybook Character, The Best Farm Animal Costume, The Most Creative Costume, among others. Costume contests are at 11:00am, 12:00pm, & 1:00pm. Story telling will be at 11:30am, 12:30pm, & 1:30pm, all other activities, crafts, & games will be on-going. No food vendor today. Pack a picnic to enjoy at our picnic areas. Admission: $5 Per-person, ages 2 and under are FREE (NOTE price drop)
- Ghost Walk Haunted Trail Sleepy Hollow: October 27-28 (7pm-10pm). Are you afraid of the dark? Are you afraid of ghouls and ghost? If so, then stay at home, this thrilling Haunted Trail is for only the bravest souls. The plantation is turned into a frightening sight once the moon rises over the forest and the spooks come out at night. Those who dare must come aware that the haunted trail is a true scare. Winding through the woods, a half mile or so, wear comfortable shoes, you’ll be walking by a moon-lit glow. The curse of the Headless Horseman haunts the Latta Plantation as it’s transformed into Sleepy Hollow. Spirits from the past arise in search of the head of the headless horseman. Guides lead groups through a half-mile trail into the woods winding in-and-out of cabins, barns, pastures, and the Latta House itself; all while guest flea the ghouls of the night. Admission: $10 per-person.
- Haunted Statesville Tours! Oct. 20-21 and 27-28. Come if you dare! This walking ghost tour is full of old stories and legends from Statesville’s past. Step beyond the beauty of Statesville’s historic downtown and discover its true haunted history–where tales of spirits, scary creatures, mysterious deaths and creepy alleys become real. Tours run every half hour between 6:30 – 8 pm. Tickets are $10 per person and reservations are required. Haunted Statesville is a walking ghost tour full of old stories and legends from Statesville’s past. Tours being inside the newly renovated City Hall and step beyond the beauty of Statesville’s historic downtown and discover its true haunted history–where tales of spirits, scary creatures, mysterious deaths and creepy alleys become real. Historic Downtown Statesville, City Hall (227 S. Center Street) on the corner of East Front and South Center Streets. 704-878-3436.
Lake Norman Area Community Trick-or-Treating and other Halloween events:
- Rural Hill’s Amazing Maize Maze continues through November 5th. See my past blog article: Rural Hill’s Amazing Maize Maze
- The Patterson Farms is offering tours of their Corn Maze through November 3rd.
- Downtown Davidson’s Halloween March on Main Street in Davidson. Friday, October 27th 5-7 pm. Free. Costumed characters of all ages are invited to march and collect Halloween treats from the Downtown Merchants. Starts at the Town Hall.
- Davidson Community Players presents Boos and Brews October 26th, 27th and 28th
- Downtown Mooresville’s Annual Halloween Treat for Families: 3-5pm Oct. 31st. Downtown will be crawling with little ghosts and goblins as businesses hand out candy and treats. 3 – 5pm.
- Downtown Cornelius Halloween Celebration: October 28th: 2pm – 6pm. Enjoy trick-or-treating, Halloween themed art activities and great photo opportunities. Trick-or-Treating will take place throughout downtown Cornelius 2-6pm.
- Halloween in Huntersville & Fireworks Spooktacular Fun at Rural Hill October 21st 4pm – 8pm: Halloween in Huntersville is full of entertainment including live music, balloon twisters, airbrush tattoos, magician, bounce houses, Halloween crafts, Springfree Trampoline, & local craft vendors.
Trick or Treat around to the vendors and sponsors for some sweet treats! COSTUME CONTEST – 5:00PM
Cutest Baby (under 1yr)
Best Costume (ages 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-17)
Best Adult Costume (ages 18+)
Best Family CostumeFood trucks including Roaming Fork, The Sandwich Truck, Rural Hill concessions stand, and beverages for all ages will be available for purchase.End the event by enjoying FIREWORKS at 7:15pm (weather permitting)
- Halloween Daze & Spooky Knights at the Carolina Renaissance Festival: Already the Carolinas’ largest costume party, the Carolina Renaissance Festival becomes the place to celebrate Halloween! Enjoy FREE Child Admission with no coupon required for all children 12 and under. October 28th and 29th. Location: Carolina Renaissance Festival Address: 16445 Poplar Tent Road, Huntersville, NC 28078 Times: 9am-5:30pm Phone: 704-896-5544
- Downtown Statesville Trick or Treating: October 31st: 4-6pm. Downtown Statesville at Broad Street and Center Street. Free! It’s that time of year again when all the little ghosts and goblins converge on our downtown businesses to receive their treats. Trick or Treating will take place in the Downtown Business District on Tuesday, October 31, from 4 to 6 p.m. Participating businesses will give away candy to costumed kids aged 12 and younger. Please mark your calendars! As in years past, an orange pumpkin with the downtown logo will be displayed in the window of those businesses that are participating in this event.
Did I miss anything? Let me know and I will add your events to my list!