Attention! For New Year’s Eve 2016 and New Year’s Day 2017 please click here: Lake Norman New Year’s Eve Celebrations 2016/2017
Lake Norman and the greater Charlotte area don’t have just one major New Years’ celebration or event, instead we have myriad ways to celebrate on New Year’s Eve 2014 and New Year’s Day 2015. Our public celebrations are, for the most part, found at local restaurants and entertainment venues spread throughout Lake Norman and Charlotte. From cruises on our beautiful Lake Norman to elegant 5-course dinners to rockin’ oldies bands, there truly is something for everyone.
Probably the ultimate Lake Norman New Year’s Eve celebration is a cruise on our beautiful lake. The Queens Landing New Year’s Eve Cruises offer truly elegant dining on the Lady of the Lake or a bit more casual on the Catawba Queen. This year featuring Jim Quick and Coastline and offering an array of appetizers, buffet, chocolate bar, dancing and a champagne toast at Midnight! Limited tickets so call now!
The very best way to find out what is happening in all of Charlotte and Lake Norman is to pick up a free copy of Creative Loafing. Here is a link to their New Year’s Eve events…it is very long and growing! It is amazing how much is going on this year!!!! They even do hourly updates on their Food and Drink section.
The best sources for lists of New Years Eve events in our Lake Norman area are LKNFun.com which has a long list of special events in the Lake Norman area restaurants and bars and, 704 Events.com which are websites devoted to entertainment and dining information in the greater Lake Norman area.
Here are few highlights to wet your appetite:
- Charlotte’s official Uptown celebration has a new name this year: Holiday on Ice : It returns to ring in 2015 with a family-friendly (alcohol free) cultural celebration. The family-friendly CLT New Year’s Eve will be held at the Nascar Hall of Fame Plaza at the intersection of Brevard Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Enjoy WBT Holiday on Ice (opens at 10am) along with family-friendly programs and activities. Beginning at 7pm, come celebrate the end of 2014 with live music and a variety of activities and performances. CLT New Year’s Eve remains an alcohol-free, family-friendly and free event. Count down to the new year with fireworks and the raising of the Queen City Crown!
- New Year’s Eve at the Galway Hooker Irish Pub in Cornelius 9pm to 2am, 17044 Kenton Drive, Cornelius – The all inclusive party features two levels of entertainment, beer, wine and liquor, a complimentary hors d’oeuvres buffet, party decor and favors, and live music and DJ. V.I.P tables also available for purchase. For more information: l 704-895-1782. $70. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. VIP is sold out!
- Celebrate Lake Norman’s exciting waterfront restaurant: Port City Club on New Years’s Eve: We are NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS for the 4:45, 7:00 & 9:15 seatings – offering a special 4-course dinner created for this special occasion. See flyer for details.Live Music! Will Lee & A Different Drum Jazz Party Band will start at 9:30 and bring in the New Year with a Champagne Toast at Midnight. Enjoy dancing in the Lounge Area. Call 704-765-1565
- Epic Chop House in Historic Downtown Mooresville will be offering a 4-course dinner with champagne at midnight. 3 seatings. Call: 704 230 1720 for reservations.
- NEW! Sparkle New Year’s Eve At the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden: “Get an early start on ringing in the New Year while you enjoy the final night of Holidays at the Garden. Our elegant evening of sparkling wine tasting includes light savory appetizers provided by Owner and Executive Chef of Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen Alyssa Gorelick, and commemorative flute.Cost: $35 includes admission to Holidays at the Garden festivities. Registration required by Dec. 22; call 704-829-1252.”
- Ring in the new year at The Melting Pot. New Year’s Eve at The Melting Pot is a night to remember including a fabulous five-course feature menu to ring in 2015! Reservations required.
- Blue Monday at The Rusty Rudder for New Year’s, Rusty Rudder, 20210 Henderson Road, Cornelius – New Year’s Eve at the Rudder, no cover charge. Live music by Blue Monday. They claim it is the BEST New Year’s Eve celebration on Lake Norman!
- Chillfire, a new restaurant in Denver opened by the owners of Epic Chophouse, is also offering a 3-seating New Year’s Eve similar to Epic Chop House’s.
- I have been unable to confirm this year’s but last year: New Year’s Explosion Party, 6pm-2am, Dirty Martini, 17036 Kenton Drive, Kenton Place, Cornelius – New Year’s eve party, with complimentary champagne, food for those who come early. Tickets $15 in advance or before 8pm.
- Jack’s Corner Tap for New Year’s, 8301-1 Magnolia Estates Drive, Cornelius – 4th annual Jacks’ Corner Tap New Year’s Eve party. 704-892-4433
- The Kilted Buffalo is having a New Year’s Eve Party including Champagne at both their Birkdale and new Langree locations
- Michah’s Speak Easy in Mooresvile is rocking the New Year out with Pluto For Planet.. Come join us by starting the new year with friends and incredible Band. Drink, Beer, and shot specials. Champagne Toast at midnight.
- On The Roxx Martini Bar in Cornelius: is having a New Year’s Eve celebration with DJ Erok!! Enjoy drink specials and NO COVER.
- New Year’s Eve Party at Eddie’s Seafood & Raw Bar in Mooresville with DJ Jonny B and Fireworks. $75
- Try one of Lake Norman’s newest restaurants: Trattoria Al Gusto in Mooresville or Fork or The Cork and Cast, in Cornelius. Support our local Lake Norman businesses!
- How about some late night sushi? Late Night at Eez in Birkdale Village.
- Feel like dancing? Dynamic Ballroom in Huntersville is hosting a New Year’s Eve dance party with will kick off with a dance lesson, heavy gourmet hors d’oeuvres. Formal attire is recommended. For reservations: 704.206.9321
If you are less about parties and more about fitness, join the First Footin’ Walk and Five Mile Run on New Years Day at the Rural Hill Center of Scottish Heritage in Huntersville. Or Lake Norman’s New Year’s Day Barefoot Challenge tournament at the Lake Norman Marina and hosted by the Carolina Show Ski Team.
Some events are already sold out which is why I am posting this list earlier this year. Check back for additions and please add any events you know about in the comments or email me at Diane@dianeaurit.com.
***NEW additions I found on Davidsonnews.net:
- Trudy Zangardi is throwing a Wine & Champagne Celebration New Year’s Eve at The Lake Norman Cottage, at Davidson Landing, off I-77 Exit 30. She’ll be offering a special menu with wine selections. Reservations at 704-237-3629.
- Alton’s Kitchen & Cocktails offers a set-price four-course dinner for New Year’s Eve, for $55 per person. The menu includes Oysters Rockefeller and Prime Rib stuffed mushrooms, homemade lobster bisque, and kale caesar salad for early courses. Entrees include roast chicken, braised Colorado lamb shank, Seattle style salmon, Atlantic Yellowfin tuna, juniper berry cured bone-in pork-chop, grilled ribeye, prime rib, and filet mignon. Sides range from garlic mashed potatoes to twice-baked potatoes to grilled asparagus or creamy cole slaw. And the desserts – apple walnut cobbler, Oreo ice cream sandwich, or white chocolate bread pudding. Alton’s is at 19918 N. Cove Road in Jetton Village, Cornelius. Call 704-655-2727, or visit www.altonskitchen.com.
- Millstone Bake House & Provisions, 208 S. Main St., downtown Davidson, plans an “After Hours New Year’s Eve Party” from 10:30pm to 1am on New Year’s Eve. The reservation-only gathering will include food and drink, live music, and a midnight toast and party favor. $40 per person. Reservations at 704-895-7836. Meanwhile, the restaurant is closed Friday, Dec. 26, open Saturday (8am to 10pm) and Sunday (8am to 3pm), then closed as usual on Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 29-30. They’ll reopen Wednesday, Dec. 31, from 8am to 9:30pm, then close briefly before the New Year’s Party. Also, Sara and Mark Hord will take a few days off to start the new year, closing from Jan. 1-6.
- Flatiron Kitchen + Taphouse at 215 S. Main St., Davidson is another choice for New Year’s eve, with a four-course dinner for two, for $100. They’re also hosting a couple of special events during January – save these dates: Jan. 14, 2015, a D-9 brewing beer dinner, and Jan. 28, a high-end scotch and bourbon tasting. Info: http://www.flatirononmain.com/.
- Il Bosco Ristorante on Depot Street in Davidson will be open for New Year’s Eve dinner, with a five course set menu for $65. Menu includes a kale salad; potato leek soup au gratin; gnocchi in red bell pepper tomato cream sauce; choice of prime rib, pheasant or fish; and chocolate ganache dessert. Space is limited – reservations by phone only at 704-987-1388.
- Harvey’s restaurants in Cornelius and Huntersville will be open New Year’s Eve. In Cornelius, they’re planing live trivia at 8pm, with a DJ starting at 10pm. Both locations also will be open for college football on New Year’s Day. Harvey’s in Cornelius is at 19707 Liverpool Parkway, off I-77 Exit 28. The Huntersville location is at 13812 Cinnabar Place in the Vermillion neighborhood, Huntersville. Info: http://www.harveyslkn.com/