For 2014 New Year’s Celebrations in Lake Norman go to: Lake Norman 2014
Unlike my home town of Pasadena CA with the annual Rose Parade/Rose Bowl, Lake Norman and the greater Charlotte area don’t have one major New Years’ celebration. Our public celebrations are, for the most part, found at local restaurants and entertainment venues spread throughout Lake Norman and Charlotte. From 5-course dinners to rockin’ oldies bands, there truly is something for everyone.
Probably the ultimate Lake Norman New Year’s Eve celebration is a cruise on our beautiful lake!
- The Queens Landing New Year’s Eve Cruises offer truly elegant dining on the Lady of the Lake or a bit more casual on the Catawba Queen.
The best sources for lists of New Years Eve events in our Lake Norman area are LKNFun.com which has a long list of special events in the Lake Norman area restaurants and bars including the grand opening of the Olive Martini Bar on Williamson Rd in Mooresville Lake Norman. And, 704 Events.com which are websites devoted to entertainment and dining information in the greater Lake Norman area.
The best way to find out what is happening in Charlotte is to pick up a free copy of Creative Loafing. Here is a link to their New Year’s Eve events…it is very long and growing!. They even do hourly updates on their Food and Drink section.
Here are few highlights to wet your appetite:
- First Night Charlotte :
First Night returns to ring in 2013 with a family-friendly (alcohol free) cultural celebration taking place at NASCAR Hall of Fame, Outdoor terrace at Charlotte Convention Center, Bechtler Museum, Mint Museum, The Green, and the main stage located at Levine Avenue of the Arts! Arts / Museums, Community, Festivals, Holidays, Just For Seniors, Kids, Live Music, Night Life, Teen Date: December 31st and January 1st.
- New Year’s Eve at the Galway Hooker Irish Pub in Cornelius 9pm to 2am, 17044 Kenton Drive, Cornelius – New Year’s Eve at the Hooker includes all you can drink (no shots), complimentary buffet, live music with The Kenny Floyd Experience downstairs, Club Hooker upstairs with DJ Echo. Also, a champagne toast at midnight. Advance Tickets: $60, $75 at the door, $200 VIP tables.
- How about some late night sushi? Late Night at Eez in Birkdale Village.
- Dinner at Campania, 5-9pm, Campania Cafe & Trattoria, 416 S. Main St., Davidson – Campania’s New Year’s Eve dinner menu includes a lobster tail and filet mignon special as well as a complimentary glass of prosecco to toast the evening. www.campaniacafe.com 704-987-5111.
- News Years Eve Dinner at X, 5-9:30pm, Restaurant X, 408 S Main St., Davidson. Come enjoy a three course meal for $29.95 or a regular meal. Reservations are highly recommended. Please call 704.892.9369 or visit restaurantx-davidson.com.
- Double New Year’s at The Wine Cellar, 5:30pm-2am, The Wine Cellar French Bistro, 19712 One Norman Blvd., Suite 110, Cornelius – Double New Year’s Eve celebration. Live TV connection with New Year’s Eve in Paris at 6pm, then local cheers at midnight. Food and drink specials. No cover, champagne toasts and more. Info: winecellarlkn.com
- Blue Moon at the Rudder for New Year’s, Rusty Rudder, 20210 Henderson Road, Cornelius – New Year’s Eve at the Rudder, no cover charge. Live music by Blue Monday.
- New Year’s at Piano Man, 7:30pm, Piano Man sing along bar, 19701 Bethel Church Road, Cornelius – New Year’s Eve at Piano man, with dueling piano show, buffet, party favors, champagne toast. Tickets and info: www.nye2013pianoman.eventbrite.com
- Lake Norman Cottage New Year’s, 8pm, 200-A North Harbor Place, Davidson – Lake Norman Cottage New Year’s eve celebration, $35 per person, with complimentary buffet, music, bottle of wine per person, free photo, party decor and favors, champagne toast at midnight with with chocolate-covered. Limited seats available. RSVP 704-237-3629.
- New Year’s Explosion Party, 6pm-2am, Dirty Martini, 17036 Kenton Drive, Kenton Place, Cornelius – New Year’s eve party, with complimentary champagne, food for those who come early. Tickets $15 in advance or before 8pm. lkndirtymartini.com
- Jack’s for New Year’s, 8301-1 Magnolia Estates Drive, Cornelius – Second annual Jacks’ Corner Tap New Year’s Eve party, with DJ Bob. 704-892-4433 or jackscornertaplkn.co
Whether you enjoy a quiet celebration at home or party all night, I wish you all a safe and Happy New Year.
Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2013!