For Lake Norman New Year’s Celebrations 2015: Lake Norman Area New Year’s Celebrations 2015: More and Better Than Ever!
Unlike my home town of Pasadena CA with the annual Rose Parade/Rose Bowl, Lake Norman and the greater Charlotte area don’t have one major New Years’ celebration. Our public celebrations are, for the most part, found at local restaurants and entertainment venues spread throughout Lake Norman and Charlotte. From 5-course dinners to rockin’ oldies bands, there truly is something for everyone.
Probably the ultimate Lake Norman New Year’s Eve celebration is a cruise on our beautiful lake!
- The Queens Landing New Year’s Eve Cruises offer truly elegant dining on the Lady of the Lake or a bit more casual on the Catawba Queen.
The best sources for lists of New Years Eve events in our Lake Norman area are LKNFun.com which has a long list of special events in the Lake Norman area restaurants and bars and, 704 Events.com which are websites devoted to entertainment and dining information in the greater Lake Norman area.
The best way to find out what is happening in Charlotte is to pick up a free copy of Creative Loafing. Here is a link to their New Year’s Eve events…it is very long and growing! They even do hourly updates on their Food and Drink section.
Here are few highlights to wet your appetite:
- First Night Charlotte : First Night returns to ring in 2014 with a family-friendly (alcohol free) cultural celebration. The family-friendly cultural event of the year will be held in Romare Bearden Park, which will come alive with artists, dancers, singers, circus performers, comedians and more on New Year’s Eve! McDonald’s® First Night Kids kicks off the New Year’s Eve celebrations and runs from 1-6pm. Evening activities last from 7-9:30pm, followed by a fantastic midnight finale featuring headline band,Sol Fusion, performing from 10pm-12:30am at the main stage.
- New Year’s Eve at the Galway Hooker Irish Pub in Cornelius 9pm to 2am, 17044 Kenton Drive, Cornelius – The all inclusive party features beer, wine and liquor, a complimentary hors d’oeuvres buffet, party decor and favors, and live music from Bling Crosby. V.I.P tables also available for purchase. For more information, call 704-895-1782. $60-$75. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Celebrate Lake Norman’s exciting new restaurant: Port City Club on New Years’s Eve: There will be 3 seatings for dinner at 4:30, 6:45 & 9pm for a special 4 course dinner from a select menu for $55 per person. Call 704-765-1565 (The former Midtown Sundries location).
- Epic Chop House in Historic Downtown Mooresville will be offering a 4-course dinner with champagne at midnight. 3 seatings. Call: 704 230 1720 for reservations. Final seating includes:• table is yours for remainder of night
• live music by the Kevin Jones Experience
• party favors
• champagne toast at midnight
- Dinner at Campania, 5-9pm, Campania Cafe & Trattoria, 416 S. Main St., Davidson – Campania’s New Year’s Eve dinner menu includes a lobster tail and filet mignon special as well as a complimentary glass of prosecco to toast the evening. www.campaniacafe.com 704-987-5111.
- Ring in the new year at The Melting Pot. New Year’s Eve at The Melting Pot is a night to remember including a fabulous five-course feature menu to ring in 2014! Reservations required. Apologies, but no online reservations for this evening. A major credit card is needed to hold all reservations.
- News Years Eve Dinner at X, 5-9:30pm, Restaurant X, 408 S Main St., Davidson. Come enjoy a three course meal for $29.95 or a regular meal. Reservations are highly recommended. Please call 704.892.9369 or visit restaurantx-davidson.com.
- Double New Year’s at The Wine Cellar, 5:30pm-2am, The Wine Cellar French Bistro, 19712 One Norman Blvd., Suite 110, Cornelius – Double New Year’s Eve celebration. Live TV connection with New Year’s Eve in Paris at 6pm, then local cheers at midnight. Food and drink specials. No cover, champagne toasts and more.
- Blue Monday at the Rudder for New Year’s, Rusty Rudder, 20210 Henderson Road, Cornelius – New Year’s Eve at the Rudder, no cover charge. Live music by Blue Monday. They claim it is the BEST New Year’s Eve celebration on Lake Norman!
- Chillfire, a new restaurant in Denver opened by the owners of Epic Chophouse, is also offering a 3-seating New Year’s Eve similar to Epic Chop House’s.
- I have been unable to confirm this year’s but last year: New Year’s Explosion Party, 6pm-2am, Dirty Martini, 17036 Kenton Drive, Kenton Place, Cornelius – New Year’s eve party, with complimentary champagne, food for those who come early. Tickets $15 in advance or before 8pm.
- Jack’s for New Year’s, 8301-1 Magnolia Estates Drive, Cornelius – 3rd annual Jacks’ Corner Tap New Year’s Eve party, with DJ Bob. 704-892-4433 or jackscornertaplkn.co.
- Try one of Lake Norman’s newest restaurants: Trattoria Al Gusto in Mooresville or Fork or The Cork and Cast, in Cornelius. Support our local Lake Norman businesses!
- How about some late night sushi? Late Night at Eez in Birkdale Village.
If you are less about parties and more about fitness, join the First Footin’ Walk and Five Mile Run on New Years Day at the Rural Hill Center of Scottish Heritage in Huntersville.
Whether you enjoy a quiet celebration at home or party all night, I wish you all a safe and Happy New Year.
Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2014!