Lake Norman and the greater Charlotte area don’t have just one major New Years’ celebration or event, instead we have myriad ways to celebrate on New Year’s Eve 2018 and New Year’s Day 2019. Our public celebrations are, for the most part, found at local restaurants and entertainment venues spread throughout Lake Norman and Charlotte. From cruises on our beautiful Lake Norman to elegant 5-course dinners to rockin’ oldies bands, there truly is something for everyone.
Probably the ultimate Lake Norman New Year’s Eve celebration is a cruise on our beautiful lake. The Queens Landing New Year’s Eve Cruise offer truly elegant dining on the Lady of the Lake Yacht. The elegant New Years Yacht Party runs from 9:30pm to 12:30am featuring music that will have you dancing provided by a live DJ, bars serving adult beverages, crafted cocktails and complimentary champagne toast at midnight plus delicious small bit hors’ devours. $85 per person. Queens Landing, 1459 River Highway.
Also being held at Queens Landing is the New Year’s Eve Vegas Style. There are two packages, one is $100 and one is $65 per person. Book online, reservations required!
The very best way to find out what is happening in all of Charlotte and Lake Norman is to pick up a free copy of Creative Loafing. Here is a link to their New Year’s Eve Guide for 2018…it is very long and growing! It is amazing how much is going on this year!!!! They even do hourly updates on their Food and Drink section.
A good source for lists of New Years Eve events in our Lake Norman area are Lake Norman Local Scroll.com which has a long list of special events in the Lake Norman area restaurants and bars.
Here are few highlights to wet your appetite:
- Charlotte’s official Uptown celebration: Ring in 2018 at the Queen City’s official celebration, CLT New Year’s Eve, Presented by Ally! This fun, family-friendly event will include crafts, games, food trucks and a DJ—and of course the lighting of the Queen City crown and a spectacular fireworks display at midnight.The festivities kick off at 8:00 p.m. in Romare Bearden Park with Crown Town – a chance for revelers of all ages to decorate a crown to wear as we prepare to ring in the new year. Food trucks will be on hand, along with plenty of entertainment. A DJ starts spinning at 10:00, and we’ll ring in 2018 with amazing fireworks as the clock strikes 12. This is an alcohol-free event.
- New Year’s Eve at the Galway Hooker Irish Pub in Cornelius 8pm to 2am, 17044 Kenton Drive, Cornelius – The all inclusive party features two levels of entertainment, beer, wine and liquor, a complimentary hors d’oeuvres buffet, party decor and favors, and live music and DJ. For more information: l 704-895-1782. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. VIP tables available!
- Celebrate Lake Norman’s exciting new waterfront restaurant: Hello Sailor on New Years’s Eve. I could not find any details but check out the link.
- Eddies of Lake Norman Join us here at Eddies to Ring in the New Year on the Shoreline of Beautiful Lake Norman. Dinner will begin at 9 pm. Enjoy DJ Retro Mike, party favors, midnight champagne toast. $10 cover charge for dining or $20 for bar. Call today to make your reservation at 704-799-2090!
- Epic Chop House in Historic Downtown Mooresville Bring a close to 2018 with an incredible four-course meal that features your choice of garlic-rubbed prime rib, center-cut filet mignon, horseradish and Romano-crusted sea bass steak, or charbroiled, bone-in veal chop. Then round out the evening with a double decker blackberry cheesecake torte! Seating is limited. Make your reservations by calling 704-230-1720.
- Sparkle & Glow New Year’s Eve At the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden: “Get an early start on ringing in the New Year while you enjoy the final night of Holidays at the Garden. Celebrate New Year’s Eve with a family-friendly event featuring New Year’s Eve traditions from around the world, live music.
- Ring in the new year at The Melting Pot. New Year’s Eve at The Melting Pot is a night to remember. It’s that time of year to kick out the old and bring in the new, and what better place to do so than at The Melting Pot. We will be offering a special 5 course pre-set menu that is sure to start your New Year off right! The set menu includes a sparkling Spumante toast & keepsake gift bag. Our New Year’s Eve 5-course dinner will be $80 per person. On New Years Eve we will not have our regular menu available and no coupons, discounts or other promotional offers will be accepted. No sharing is allowed. Reservations required.
- Looking for some fun on the west side of Lake Norman? Chillfire, in Denver, is a sister to the Epic Chophouse, is also offering a special New Year’s Eve Menusimilar to Epic Chop House’s. Reservations 5 pm – 11 pm.
- Jack’s Corner Tap for New Year’s, 8301-1 Magnolia Estates Drive, Cornelius – 7th annual Jacks’ Corner Tap New Year’s Eve party. 704-892-4433
- The Kilted Buffalo is having a New Year’s Eve Party including Champagne at both their Birkdale and new Langree locations
- On The Roxx Martini Bar in Cornelius: is having a New Year’s Eve celebration with DJ Chris Keys! Enjoy drink specials and NO COVER.
- Alton’s Kitchen & Cocktails offers a set-price four-course Champagne dinner for New Year’s Eve for $55 and Brunch on New Year’s Day. Alton’s is at 19918 N. Cove Road in Jetton Village, Cornelius. Call 704-655-2727.
- The Heart and Crown Pub and Kitchen: Come ring in the New Year at The Harp & Crown! This year we will be having free appetizers from 10pm-12am and free champagne at midnight!
- Or, try one of Lake Norman’s hottest restaurants: Kindred, Fork, Dresslers, 131 Main (My personal favorite!), Flatiron Kitchen + Taphouse at 215 S. Main St., Davidson, Eez Fusion and Sushi, Il Bosco Ristorante and so many more!
If you are less about parties and more about fitness, join the First Footin’ Walk and Five Mile Run on New Years Day at the Rural Hill Center of Scottish Heritage in Huntersville.
Please add any events you know about in the comments or email me at Diane@dianeaurit.com.