Lake Norman and the greater Charlotte area don’t have just one major New Years’ celebration or event, instead we have myriad ways to celebrate on New Year’s Eve 2019 and New Year’s Day 2020. Our public celebrations are, for the most part, found at local restaurants and entertainment venues spread throughout Lake Norman and Charlotte. From cruises on our beautiful Lake Norman to elegant 5-course dinners to rockin’ oldies bands, there truly is something for everyone.
Probably the ultimate Lake Norman New Year’s Eve celebration is a cruise on our beautiful lake. The Queens Landing Bring in the New Year on the Lady of the Lake yacht! DJ music performance and a refined nightlife crowd while cruising on Lake Norman. This New Year’s Eve is sure to be one elegant affair. Come dressed in your best holiday outfit. Tickets are 75 dollars which includes: the 2.5 hour cruise, DJ party, Chef prepared heavy hors d’oeuvres and complimentary champagne toast. Upgrade to the VIP status! You will be seated on the Second floor with a table for up to 4 people the VIP table will have a bottle of Moet, cupcake’s, strawberries,your own buffet line, special linens and a bartender.
The very best way to find out what is happening in all of Charlotte and Lake Norman is to pick up a free copy of Creative Loafing. Here is a link to their New Year’s Eve Guide for 2019…it is still early but keep checking back for more updates. It is amazing how much is going on this year!!!! They even do updates on their Food and Drink section.
A good source for lists of New Years Eve events in our Lake Norman area are Lake Norman Local Scroll.com which has a long list of special events in the Lake Norman area restaurants and bars.
Here are few highlights to wet your appetite:
- Charlotte’s official Uptown celebration: Ring in 2020 at the Queen City’s official celebration, CLT New Year’s Eve, Presented by Ally Charlotteans are invited to close out 2019 and welcome the new year at CLT New Year’s Eve, Presented by Ally, in the heart of Uptown Charlotte. This free, annual New Year’s Eve celebration returns to Tryon Street at Levine Avenue of the Arts and will feature live music, the lighting of the Queen City crown and a spectacular fireworks display at midnight. The party is alcohol-free, but revelers can find dinner and desserts available for purchase from a selection of popular food trucks and carts. A DJ will start the festivities at 8:00 p.m. At 10 p.m., Charlotte-based band Mo Money will take over and keep the party rolling until the countdown to 2020 starts and we ring in the new year with fireworks.
- They say that this is Lake Norman’s Best New Year’s Eve Bash! The Galway Hooker Irish Pub in Cornelius 8pm to 2am, 17044 Kenton Drive, Cornelius – With a live 80’s band and a 5 hour premium open bar, you won’t find a better way to ring in the new year! *Hors D’oeuvres & Dessert Stations on Both Floors *Champagne Toast at Midnight *Party Decor & Favors. For more information: l 704-895-1782. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. VIP tables available!
- Epic Chop House in Historic Downtown Mooresville Come celebrate another Epic year with us! The Epic Chophouse 2020 Rockin’ New Year’s Eve includes a four-course feast featuring your choice of prime rib, filet mignon, sea bass and more. Music from Mike Hager and Friends starts at 9:30. $85 PP + tax and gratuity. Just call 704-230-1720 for reservations.
- Sparkle & Glow New Year’s Eve At the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden: “Get an early start on ringing in the New Year while you enjoy the final night of Holidays at the Garden. Celebrate New Year’s Eve with a family-friendly event featuring New Year’s Eve traditions from around the world, live music.
- Ring in the new year at The Melting Pot. New Year’s Eve at The Melting Pot is a night to remember. It’s that time of year to kick out the old and bring in the new, and what better place to do so than at The Melting Pot. We will be offering a special 4 course pre-set menu that is sure to start your New Year off right! The set menu includes a sparkling Spumante toast & keepsake gift bag. Our New Year’s Eve 4-course dinner will be $80 per person. On New Years Eve we will not have our regular menu available and no coupons, discounts or other promotional offers will be accepted. No sharing is allowed. Reservations required.
- Looking for some fun on the west side of Lake Norman? Chillfire, in Denver, is a sister to the Epic Chophouse, is also offering a special New Year’s Eve Menu similar to Epic Chop House’s. Reservations 5 pm – 10 pm. Call soon for reservations!
- Jack’s Corner Tap for New Year’s, 8301-1 Magnolia Estates Drive, Cornelius – 7th annual Jacks’ Corner Tap New Year’s Eve party. 704-892-4433
- The Kilted Buffalo is having a New Year’s Eve Party and Balloon Drop including Champagne at both their Birkdale location: Come celebrate with all your friends and neighbors with no cover and a free champagne toast at midnight. We will be having a balloon drop where you can win some dope prizes!
- Alton’s Kitchen & Cocktails hasn’t posted their New Year’s Eve events yet but last year they offered a set-price four-course Champagne dinner for New Year’s Eve for $55 and Brunch on New Year’s Day. Alton’s is at 19918 N. Cove Road in Jetton Village, Cornelius. Call 704-655-2727.
- The Hidden Bin Wine Shop Come celebrate in an intimate, comfy venue with more-than-ample staffing and exclusivity (only 60 tickets will be sold), where you can actually get a drink when you want one without waiting in a long line! 7 pm – 1 am.
We are excited to have Thirsty Horses Band as our New Year’s entertainment this year. Come as you are – dress up or down – it doesn’t matter – just buy a ticket to BIN 110’s New Year’s Eve Party before they sell out!
Tickets are $25 per person, which includes:- Limited ticket sales (no over-crowding)-Thirsty Horses Band-Dessert Nibbles-Party Favors-Champagne Toast-Cash Bar with over 170 Whiskies, 130 Wines (80 by the glass), 12 Craft Beer taps, and a full cocktail bar.
- Mac’s Speed Shop: Brew your way to 2020! BBQ, Drink Specials, Live Music and Beer Toast for NYE. No Cover. No Dress Code = Your laid-back NYE Destination. Come as you are and have a great time! Brew Year’s Eve at Mac’s! Come watch the ball drop with your Mac’s Fam.
Live Music: Alex Key and The Locksmiths @8pm. Drink Special: 1/2 Price Wine. Mac’s Speed Shop 19601 Liverpool Pkwy, Cornelius, NC 28031
- The Heart and Crown Pub and Kitchen: Come ring in the New Year at The Harp & Crown! Celebrate England and Ireland at 7:00pm. 5:00 – 10:00 special New Year’s Eve Dinner in addition to regular menu. Reservations recommended.
- Or, try one of Lake Norman’s hottest restaurants: Kindred, Dresslers, 131 Main (My personal favorite!), Flatiron Kitchen + Taphouse at 215 S. Main St., Davidson, Eez Fusion and Sushi, Il Bosco Ristorante and so many more!
If you are less about parties and more about fitness, join the First Footin’ Walk on New Years Day at the Rural Hill Center of Scottish Heritage in Huntersville for a vigorous traditional walk.
Or go to Lake Norman’s Barefoot Challenge January 1, 12:00 – 4:00 pm.The Lake Norman New Years Day Barefoot Challenge is one of the longest running and unique barefoot tournaments in the world. Held annually at Lake Norman Marina and hosted by the Carolina Show Ski Team, it combines starts, tricks, and endurance skills in one single ride. ‘Footers come from around the country to brave air temperatures usually in the mid to high 40’s and water temperatures in the high 50s. Water conditions are challenging, because the towboat doesn’t wait for the water to calm between skiers. The circle pattern keeps the action close to the spectators, but also adds to the difficulty
Please add any events you know about in the comments or email me at Diane@dianeaurit.com.
Whether you enjoy a quiet celebration at home or party all night, I wish you all a safe and Happy New Year.
Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2019!