It is not too late to get out and enjoy some of the many special holiday activities in the Lake Norman and greater Charlotte area! While I didn’t write this in time to tout my favorite: The Davidson Christmas which was held last weekend, I was still able to find quite a few events, programs and fun from now through the rest of the year!
- “It’s a Wonderful Life” Davidson College Community Players @ the Armour Street Theatre in Davidson. 8pm Thursdays – Saturdays and 1:00pm Sundays. 704.892.7953
- “Charlotte Children’s Choir: December 13th at 3pm. Mooresville High School. 659 E Center Ave. Mooresville. 704.878.0743. Iredell Concerts Website
- You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown: December 19th @ 11:00am, 1:30pm and 4:00pm. No reservations needed. Davidson College Community Players @ the Armour Street Theatre in Davidson. 8pm Thursdays – Saturdays and 1:00pm Sundays. 704.892.7953
- Downtown Mooresville Holiday Festivities: December 18th at Historic Downtown Mooresville. Visits with Santa, horse-drawn carriage rides and live entertainment!
- Christmas Wonderland of Lights (Through January 1): One million lights pepper tow miles of forest in Troutman! A nativity scene, pony rides, petting zoo, a candy shop and visits from Santa! $20 per car or $5 per person. 6pm – 10p.m. Exit 42 of Ostwalt Amity Rd. 704.245.6446. Put on by Zootastic.
- Davidson’s Holiday Farmer’s Market! Saturday, Dec. 19th from 9am – noon. Learn more at Davidson Farmers Market’s website
- Hanukkah Party in Mooresville: Dec. 13th Noon – 3pm. Lighting of the Beth ShalomMenorah at Mooresville Town Square.
- Holiday Lights at The Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden: Events include light displays, old fashioned trains, carriage rides, holiday carols, baked treats and more! Now through December 31st. Go to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden website for more information.
- The Light Before Christmas: An animated film about for children at Discovery Place’s IMAX theatre in Charlotte: Discovery Place website