The Lake Norman neighborhoods I have featured so far have all been waterfront communities where the focus is on the lake. However, there are other lifestyles offered around Lake Norman that are also very popular particularly wooded retreats with a focus on privacy and an almost rural feel. It is all about nature and a desire for a peaceful and even serene environment.
An example of this is the recent Crescent Community The Farms; another quality housing development on Mooresville’s Brawley School peninsula on Lake Norman.
Instead of the more formal feeling of The Point or The Harbour at The Point just down the road, The Farms has a casual atmosphere. The rolling hills, heavily wooded lots (which range from .7 to 2.5 acres) and the absence of curbs and sidewalks create a private and rural environment. Most homes share a more traditional design style with large front porches and a touch of Craftsman detailing.
Since this is a relatively new development buyers can choose to build their own or buy a completely finished home built by one of Crescent Communities Featured Builders who are hand-picked by Crescent for their quality and stability. They also maintain an architectural control review to maintain the aesthetics of the neighborhoods.
Just the Facts:
- Broke ground in 2003
- 600 acres (6 Phases) with 450 planned homesites
- Minimum square footage requirements are 2200 for a ranch or 2400 for a 2-story
- Mostly 3-car garages and at least 4 bedrooms
- Very few waterfront lots but Hager’s Creek public boat launch is just down the street
- Boat Storage
- Low Iredell Taxes
- Iredell County Schools
- Activity Director at the Homestead Activity Center
- Located in Mooresville between McKendree and Chuckwood Roads on the Brawley School Peninsula
- Pavilion for community events
- Competition-sized Junior Olympic pool
- Six tennis courts for league play
- Activity fields for soccer, baseball and softball
- Fitness trail with exercise stations
- Picnic areas and activity lawn
There are currently 42 active listings in The Farms ranging in price from $529,000 to $1,275,000. Since it’s opening, 190 properties have been sold through our MLS (some new construction homes do not get listed in our Multiple Listing Service) with an average sales price of $622,051 and average size of 3814 square feet.
The Farms is just one of many options in and around Mooresville for those wanting a quiet retreat to come home to after work!