Unlike my home town of Pasadena CA with the annual Rose Parade/Rose Bowl, Lake Norman and the greater Charlotte area don’t have one major New Years’ celebration. Our public celebrations are, for the most part, found at local restaurants and entertainment venues spread throughout Lake Norman and Charlotte. From 5-course dinners to rockin’ oldies bands, there truly is something for everyone.
Probably the ultimate Lake Norman New Year’s Eve celebration is a cruise on our beautiful lake! You have several options:
- New Year’s Eve Cruise on Lake Norman on Yachta Yachta Yachta launching from Peninsula Yacht Club. Sailing time is 9:00pm – 1:00am and includes music, heavy hors d’heurves, party favors, a champagne toast at midnight.
- The Queens Landing New Year’s Eve Cruises offers truly elegant dining on the Lady of the Lake or a bit more casual on the Catawba Queen.
The best sources for lists of New Years Eve events in our Lake Norman area are LKNFun.com (New Years Eve 2012) and 704 Events.com (New Years Eve 2012) which are websites devoted to entertainment and dining information in the greater Lake Norman area.
The best way to find out what is happening in Charlotte is to pick up a free copy of Creative Loafing or go to their new website clclt.com. They even do hourly updates on their Food and Drink section.
Here are few highlights to wet your appetite:
- First Night Charlotte :
First Night returns to ring in 2012 with a family-friendly cultural celebration taking place at NASCAR Hall of Fame, Outdoor terrace at Charlotte Convention Center, Bechtler Museum, Mint Museum, The Green, and the main stage located at Levine Avenue of the Arts! Arts / Museums, Community, Festivals, Holidays, Just For Seniors, Kids, Live Music, Night Life, Teen Date: December 31st and January 1st.
- Queens Landing Joker’s Dueling Piano Bar will feature 3 of the nation’s leading piano bar performers, party favors, all you can eat buffet dinner, drink specials and midnight champagne toast.
- New Year’s Eve at the Galway Hooker Irish Pub in Cornelius offers all you can drink, light hor d’heurves, live countdown champagne toast at midnight and two levels of entertainment. VIP tables are available.
- New Year’s Eve at SKYBAR Lake Norman in Mooresville: Its a Black and White Affair at Lake Norman’s only Nightclub. VIP Tables available.
- The Wine Cellar in Cornelius is celebrating New Year’s Eve in Paris AND Lake Norman! The Wine Cellar on Facebook
- How about some late night sushi? Late Night at Eez in Birkdale Village from 11pm – 1am!
- Jeffrey’s Restaurant in Mooresville is having dinner from 4:30 – 9:30pm and a party from 10pm – 1am including party favors and a champagne toast at midnight.
Whether you enjoy a quiet celebration at home or party all night, I wish you all a safe and Happy New Year.
Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2012!