FOR 2019 go to: Lake Norman’s 2019 Halloween Events, Pumpkin Patches and More! (New events added!)
Every year at this time the Lake Norman area comes alive with pumpkin patches, corn mazes, Halloween festivities for all ages and homes decorated to welcome all of our young trick -or -treaters. Many of our subdivisions and communities around Lake Norman have their own neighborhood events that are really popular and are a great way to get to know your neighbors. But here are some more options from kid-friendly to oh-so scary:
If you are in search of a pumpkin patch:
- Carrigan Farms: Hayrides to the pumpkin patch on the weekends from 9-4pm. Pick a pumpkin, visit the animals and have some fresh apple cider.
- Patterson Farm: Pick your own pumpkin patch is open with tours through November 3rd. See their website link above for more details as they have a lot going on this month!
- Or, just look to any of our many local produce stands like Josh’s Farmers Market on Williamson Road in Mooresville who are already brimming over with pumpkins and decorations for your Lake Norman home!
Of course, it would not be Halloween without some fun, and even spooky events for all ages and Lake Norman is full of options!
- This year, Carrigan Farms’ Scarrigan Farms is supposed to be so scary that moms enjoying smores on the other side of the quarry can hear their kids screaming as they walk through the haunted trail. As they say on their website: “This is not a trail for kids. If you’re under 12 come back when you’re old enough. We’ll be waiting. If someone hasn’t peed in their pants by the end of the night we know haven’t done our job.” Come gather around the bonfires, at the well-known Carrigan Farms Rock Quarry, before or after you enter the haunted trail. Visit Scrarrigan Farms on Facebook. It runs Friday to Sunday nights through October.
- Haunted Statesville Tours! Oct. 19-20 and 26-27. Come if you dare! This walking ghost tour is full of old stories and legends from Statesville’s past. Step beyond the beauty of Statesville’s historic downtown and discover its true haunted history–where tales of spirits, scary creatures, mysterious deaths and creepy alleys become real. Tours run every half hour between 6:30 – 8 pm. Tickets are $10 per person and reservations are required. Haunted Statesville is a walking ghost tour full of old stories and legends from Statesville’s past. Tours being inside the newly renovated City Hall and step beyond the beauty of Statesville’s historic downtown and discover its true haunted history–where tales of spirits, scary creatures, mysterious deaths and creepy alleys become real. Historic Downtown Statesville, City Hall (227 S. Center Street) on the corner of East Front and South Center Streets. 704-878-3436.
Lake Norman Area Community Trick-or-Treating and other Halloween events:
- Rural Hill’s Amazing Maize Maze continues through November 4th. See my past blog article: Rural Hill’s Amazing Maize Maze
- The Patterson Farms is offering tours of their Corn Maze through November 2nd.
- Downtown Davidson’s Halloween March on Main Street in Davidson. Friday, October 26th 5-7 pm. Free. Costumed characters of all ages are invited to march and collect Halloween treats from the Downtown Merchants. Starts at the Town Hall.
- Downtown Mooresville’s Annual Halloween Treat for Families: 3-5pm Oct. 31st. Downtown will be crawling with little ghosts and goblins as businesses hand out candy and treats. 3 – 5pm.
- Downtown Cornelius Halloween Celebration: October 27th: 2pm – 6pm. Live music, food trucks, costume contest, Halloween-themed arts & crafts and more!
- Halloween in Huntersville Spooktacular Fun at Rural Hill October 20th 4pm – 8pm: Presented By: Huntersville Parks and Rec, Rural Hill, & Kid to Kid – Huntersville Join us for Halloween in Huntersville at Rural Hill with free entertainment including live music, balloon twisters, airbrush tattoos, bounce houses, & local craft vendors. Food trucks and beverages will be available for purchase. NEW: Halloween Egg Dash! 20,000 black and orange eggs filled with candy! Ages and timeframes: *Ages 1-3: 4:30pm *Ages 4-6: 4:45pm Ages 7-9: 5:00pm Ages 10-13: 5:15pm Ages 14-17: 5:30pm *one parent/guardian per child is allowed on the field The annual costume contest starting at 6:00pm will award one participant in each of the following categories: Cutest Baby (age 1 and under), Best Costume (ages 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-13, 14-17), Best Superhero, Best Disney Character, Best Homemade Costume, Best Adult Costume (ages 18+), and Best Family Costume.
- Troutman’s Annual Trails and Treats:
- Halloween Daze & Spooky Knights at the Carolina Renaissance Festival: Already the Carolinas’ largest costume party, the Carolina Renaissance Festival becomes the place to celebrate Halloween! Enjoy FREE Child Admission with no coupon required for all children 12 and under. October 27th and 28th. Location: Carolina Renaissance Festival Address: 16445 Poplar Tent Road, Huntersville, NC 28078 Times: 9am-5:30pm Phone: 704-896-5544
- Time to Shine Stables “Barn or Treat” in Mt. Ulla October 25th 5-8pm. Come out for some spooktacular family fun including a Costume Contest with Prizes at 7pm!Local Vendors will be there along with Free Candy for the kiddos, and lots more!!Free Entry. Tickets for activities like horse rides, games, etc. $1 each or 20 for $15
Did I miss anything? Let me know and I will add your events to my list!