Every year at this time the Lake Norman area comes alive with pumpkin patches, corn mazes, Halloween festivities for all ages and homes decorated to welcome all of our young trick -or -treaters. Many of our subdivisions and communities around Lake Norman have their own neighborhood events that are really popular and are a great way to get to know your neighbors. But here are some more options from kid-friendly to oh-so scary. New events have been added this year!
If you are in search of a pumpkin patch:
- Carrigan Farms: Hayrides to the pumpkin patch on the weekends from 9-4pm. Pick a pumpkin, visit the animals and have some fresh apple cider.
- Patterson Farm: Lots more than just pumpkins and their Pumpkin Patch Portraits day on October 26th. They also have The Maize. (Now through November 2nd.) , Witches and Warlocks Night Out on October 24th AND A Special Needs Trick or Treat on the Farm (non scary and chaos free) on October 31st. See their website link above for more details as they have a lot going on this month!
- Or, just look to any of our many local produce stands like Josh’s Farmers Market on Williamson Road in Mooresville who are already brimming over with pumpkins and decorations for your Lake Norman home!
Of course, it would not be Halloween without some fun, and even spooky events for all ages and Lake Norman is full of options!
- This year, Carrigan Farms’ Scarrigan Farms is once again doing their best to provide oh so scary experiences as you walk through the haunted trail. As they say on their website: “This is not a trail for kids. If you’re under 12 come back when you’re old enough. We’ll be waiting. If someone hasn’t peed in their pants by the end of the night we know haven’t done our job.” Come gather around the bonfires, at the well-known Carrigan Farms Rock Quarry, before or after you enter the haunted trail. Visit Scrarrigan Farms on Facebook. It runs Thursday to Sunday nights through November 1st.
- Haunted Statesville Tours! Oct. 19-20 and 26-27. (Their website hasn’t been updated for 2019 so I would call to confirm the dates and times). Come if you dare! This walking ghost tour is full of old stories and legends from Statesville’s past. Step beyond the beauty of Statesville’s historic downtown and discover its true haunted history–where tales of spirits, scary creatures, mysterious deaths and creepy alleys become real. Tours run every half hour between 6:30 – 8 pm. Tickets are $10 per person and reservations are required. Haunted Statesville is a walking ghost tour full of old stories and legends from Statesville’s past. Tours being inside the newly renovated City Hall and step beyond the beauty of Statesville’s historic downtown and discover its true haunted history–where tales of spirits, scary creatures, mysterious deaths and creepy alleys become real. Historic Downtown Statesville, City Hall (227 S. Center Street) on the corner of East Front and South Center Streets. 704-878-3436.
Lake Norman Area Community Trick-or-Treating and other Halloween events:
- Rural Hill’s Amazing Maize Maze is great fun for all ages and continues through November 4th. See my past blog article: Rural Hill’s Amazing Maize Maze
- The Patterson Farms, as I mentioned above, is offering tours of their Corn Maize through November 2nd.
- Downtown Davidson’s Halloween March on Main Street in Davidson. Friday, October 25th 5-7 pm. Free. Costumed characters of all ages are invited to march and collect Halloween treats from the Downtown Merchants. Starts at the Town Hall.
- Downtown Mooresville’s Annual Halloween Treat for Families: 3-5pm Oct. 31st. Downtown will be crawling with little ghosts and goblins as businesses hand out candy and treats. 3 – 5pm.
- Downtown Cornelius Halloween Celebration: October 26th: 2pm – 6pm. Live music, food trucks, costume contest, Halloween-themed arts & crafts and more! They also are having a pre-school Halloween on October 17th.
- Halloween in Huntersville October 19th 4pm – 7pm: Join us for Halloween in Huntersville at Huntersville Rec Center and Athletic Park with free entertainment including live music, balloon twisters, airbrush tattoos, bounce houses, & local craft vendors. Food trucks and beverages will be available for purchase. Back by popular demand is the Halloween Egg Dash! 23,000 black and orange eggs filled with candy! Ages and timeframes: *Ages 1-3: 4:15pm *Ages 4-6: 4:30pm Ages 7-9: 4:45pm Ages 10-14: 5:00pm *one parent/guardian per child is allowed on the field. The annual costume contest starting at 5:30pm will award one participant in each of the following categories: Cutest Baby (age 1 and under), Best Costume (ages 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-13, 14-17), Best Superhero, Best Disney Character, Best Homemade Costume, Best Adult Costume (ages 18+), and Best Family Costume.
- 2019 Queen City OKtoberfest is being held on October 26th from 1-5pm. Despite its name it has lots of Halloween activities for children:
- Halloween Bake Sale
- Trick Or Treat Safely
- Bounce House
- Face Painting
- Laser Tag
- Corn Hole
- Halloween Limbo
- Family Costume Pics
- Three Legged Race
- Pie Eating Contest
And it is the largest Arts and Crafts Festival of the year. I just heard about this and it sounds great. Check out the link above!
- When I searched for Halloween events in our Denver area I discovered this amazing list of North Carolina Halloween Haunted Houses. If you scroll down the page they have a HUGE list of our greater Lake Norman and Charlotte area events.
- Troutman’s Annual Trails and Treats: ??? *** I can’t find out anything about this year’s so I would call Troutman as it gets closer to Halloween just to confirm.
- Halloween Daze & Spooky Knights at the Carolina Renaissance Festival: Already the Carolinas’ largest costume party, the Carolina Renaissance Festival becomes the place to celebrate Halloween! Enjoy FREE Child Admission with no coupon required for all children 12 and under. October 26th and 2th. Location: Carolina Renaissance Festival Address: 16445 Poplar Tent Road, Huntersville, NC 28078 Times: 9am-5:30pm Phone: 704-896-5544
Did I miss anything? Let me know and I will add your events to my list!