While Lake Norman is home to a wide variety of people and lifestyles, who doesn’t have fun looking at and learning about our luxury waterfront home sales? Above and below are some of my favorite photos from the top 5 waterfront estates sold in 2015.
Top 10 Lake Norman Luxury Home Sales in 2015
Here are a few fun facts from our Charlotte MLS:
- The most expensive Lake Norman home sale in 2015 was $4,895,000 in The Point. Last year our most expensive was 13,300 square feet but this year there wasn’t one in the top 10 over 10,000 sq ft.
- Of the top ten most expensive home sales in 2015, a whopping eight were in The Point in Mooresville, and two were in Cornelius but not in The Peninsula.
- The highest price per square foot for these top 10 was $583.
- There have been 17 sales of Lake Norman estates priced at or above $2 Million
- The highest priced home currently for sale on Lake Norman is $7,950,000 in The Point in Mooresville
- We currently have 45 Lake Norman estates for sale at or above $2 Million.
- Lake Norman had FOUR of the top 10 sales in all of the Charlotte area in 2015!
If you think these numbers are impressive, they aren’t even the largest or most expensive homes on Lake Norman’s waterfront. NASCAR driver Denny Hamlin just completed a 30,000 sq ft home in Cornelius. This might set a new record for Lake Norman!
I will leave you with one of my favorite pictures of the year from the estate currently for sale at 127 Thurston Rd. in the Point for $7,950.000: