One of my first exciting discoveries after moving to Mooresville back in 2005 was the wonderful array of art available, particularly from the Southeastern United States. Southern Folk Art can be colorful, whimsical, dramatic and fun and is also be highly collectible. If you haven’t had an opportunity to view the wonderful variety of Southeastern Folk Art and meet some the our talented artists from all over the Southeast, then this Saturday, October 5th, is a perfect opportunity for you since Lake Norman is hosting Hickory Museum o f Art’s 5th annual Lake Norman Folk Art Festival from 11-4 pm at 3630 Drum Campground Road, Sherrills Ford, NC
In it’s 5th year, there will be more changes, improvements and additions. Here is their update and links. Check out the list of artists and photos of their works!!!!:
Saturday, October 5
10 AM – 4 PM
There are exciting changes for this year’s festival!
- The most artists ever!
- Festival updates on website
- Location and parking plan (5 parking fields)
- Sign up this final week to be a volunteer!
- Three artists in area schools
- Our sponsors and friends rock!
- Travel times to the festival from local landmarks
- The festival Barn has a fresh coat of paint!
- Extended 2013 marketing area
- Silent Auction feature by Hickory. Life. Well Crafted
- QR codes popping up for quick festival access
And some things will be just the same: Continue reading