* For 2015 Halloween Events go to: Lake Norman Halloween Happenings and Events 2015; BOO!
Lake Norman is a great place to celebrate Halloween. From haunted houses to old-fashioned Main Street celebrations to costume parties and live entertainment at local night clubs there truly is something for everyone!
Every year at this time the Lake Norman area comes alive with pumpkin patches, Corn Mazes, Halloween festivities for all ages and homes decorated to welcome all of our young trick -or -treaters. Many of our subdivisions have their own neighborhood events but here are some more options:
If you are in search of a pumpkin patch:
- Carrigan Farms: Hayrides to the pumpkin patch 9-4 Saturday and 12-4 Sundays through Halloween. Pick a pumpkin, visit the animals and have some fresh apple cider.
- Patterson Farm: Pumpkin patch is open with tours through Nov. 6th and on weekends don’t miss Paw Paw Carl’s Playground where you can enjoy hayrides, a corn pit, Tomato Slingshot, Duck Races and more! See their website link above for more details.
- Davidson United Methodist Church’s Pumpkin Patch offers pumpkins for sale through Halloween on the lawn of the Molly McKay House, 260 S. Main Street, Davidson
Or, just look to any of our many local produce stands like Josh’s Produce Market on Williamson Road in Mooresville who are brimming over with pumpkins and decorations for your Lake Norman home!
Of course, it would not be Halloween without some fun, and even spooky events for all ages and Lake Norman is full of options!
- This year, Carrigan Farms’ Scarrigan Farms is supposed to be so scary that moms enjoying smores on the other side of the quarry can hear their kids screaming as they walk throw the haunted trail. As they say on their website: This is not a trail for kids. If you’re under 12 come back when you’re old enough. We’ll be waiting. If someone hasn’t peed in their pants by the end of the night we know haven’t done our job. Come gather around the bonfires, at the well-known Carrigan Farms Rock Quarry, before or after you enter the haunted trail. Visit Scrarrigan Farms on Facebook. It began October 5th and continues Friday to Sunday nights through November 2nd and includes Thursday, October 31st of course! (Today their website was down but hopefully it will be up shortly.)