Living in Lake Norman presents some interesting challenges regarding keeping up with local news and events because the 520 miles of Lake Norman shoreline fall in 4 counties and 10 towns. Before doing research for this Lake Norman Real Estate blog post I was actually contemplating creating a Facebook page for “Breaking News” and special coupon deals just for Lake Norman. What I discovered was that there were a number of resources online already available, you just need to know how to find them!
Many of you may not use or even care to use Twitter or Facebook. But, if I provide you with a how-to guide and links it will be easy for you to keep up with Lake Norman news, events AND even coupons and special savings:
Twitter can be overwhelming and almost useless unless you narrow your focus on what you really want to learn. However, it is absolutely the best way to keep up with what’s happening from events to sales/coupons to news in the Lake Norman Area. I use Hootsuite. This lets you set up any number of searches with real time feeds which are displayed in individual columns. I have one column set up for Lake Norman but you can also set searches up for towns or any subject of interest. Here are the most recent Tweets of interest: Lake Norman Buzz posted an update a few minutes ago that Lake Norman is going to get 177, 500 bass with a link for more info. Cornelius Today wrote about the North Rail Line from Charlotte to Lake Norman. There are many Tweets about recent sports as well.
Facebook does not offer as wide a variety and quantity of news but here are some pages worth checking out. You can search for all Lake Norman pages at the top of your homepage. Here are a few good ones:
- Lake Norman This is a pretty good source for everything from businesses posting sales and coupons to jobs and local news. With almost 4000 friends it offers a nice variety of hyper local news. For instance, this week JR Motorsports has a Race Week sale going on, and last weekend Rusty Rudder had a special “end of the world” discount on special drinks.
- Lake Norman Fan Page Another Facebook resource with 8450 fans.
- Downtown Mooresville Learn about upcoming events and sales at local businesses!
Events can be found on Twitter and Facebook as well as our local magazines like Lake Norman Magazine and Currents. However, there are a few dedicated sites and email updates as well:
Breaking Lake Norman News is most readily available using Twitter. However, there are several newspapers with websites as well:
Coupons and Savings are all the rage right now. Of course, Groupon is huge, but there are many local options as well:
- LKNSavings.com will email you special “deals” just for the Lake Norman area and provide quite a few more on their website. Today I received one about their “Deal of the Day” which is an “In Home Wine Tasting”.
- LKNFun.com is a site dedicated to restaurants and special events and they include a number of special deals at Lake Norman area restaurants. They even have a separate tab for “Coupons”.
- 360 Lake Norman offers coupons in the greater Charlotte area but you can search by town.
- Groupon Charlotte
- Creative Loafing