If you are a home buyer or seller in the Lake Norman area it really only matters what is happening in YOUR price-range. Yes, it is important to know about the global economy, the national economy and the Charlotte area economy and real estate market but real estate is hyper-local here so it is most meaningful for you to learn about the Lake Norman real estate market and within that, your specific niche. For instance, if you are looking to buy or sell in the $700,000 price range, you are going to have an entirely different experience than someone in the $800,000’s. This is the reason why I create a price-range analysis every quarter for my readers and clients:
Lake Norman’s 1st Quarter 2018 Home Sales By Price Range
*Compiled from the Carolina Multiple Listing Service’s data, this chart enables you to focus on your specific price range(s) rather than use the broad-brush approach thus allowing you to size up your competition and better position yourself.
How to read this report:
- First choose a price range.
- The next column provides the actual number of listings sold in this price range in the 1st quarter of 2018
- This is followed by the percentage this price range represents of the total number of listings sold in all of Lake Norman
- Next is the number of active listings in this price range today
- This is followed by the percentage this price range represents of the total number of active listings
- Finally, the last column represent the absorption rate or the number of months of supply for each price range based upon the number of listings divided by the number of sales. (A balanced housing market is 6 months so you can use this to gauge your price range).