Our Lake Norman Folk Art Festival is now in it’s 6th year and it just keeps getting bigger and better. This really is a must attend if you enjoy festivals, southeastern folk art, local foods and food trucks, live music and plenty of activities for kids of all ages!
Set up on rustic Drum Campground Road in Sherrills Ford, the Lake Norman Folk Art Festival is a community undertaking in conjunction with the Hickory Museum of Art that celebrates the works of well-known national folk artists with proceeds benefiting educational programs at the museum. It is a great opportunity to meet an amazing variety of artists and their works as well as shop for unique gifts (Think Christmas!) and art for your own home and garden. Add in the music, food and activities and you can definitely make it a day. (Open 10-4 p.m.). I highly recommend that you get there early to get the best selection if you are a serious shopper/collector.
Did I mention that it is FREE!
Check out what is happening at this year’s Festival:
- 60 regional folk artists from the Southeast!
- The most food vendors ever — including popular food trucks!
- Duck Tape® Bus “rolls” into Festival!
- Two folk artists in area schools
- Live music by “Still Pickin” and “The Campground Critters”
- Vintage quilt raffle
- Free kids’ art activity
- Hickory Museum of Art will be there with free kids’ tattoos, folk art door prize, and woodwright Eddie Hamrick
One warning, parking is set up all around the area so they provide shuttle buses but plan to do a fair amount of walking on uneven dirt paths throughout the wooded property. Here is an example of what it looks like: