In 2004 I didn’t even know that Lake Norman North Carolina existed. Today I can look out my window and see the sparkling water of the lake while writing at my desk! Once the best kept secret in the country, Lake Norman is now the home of so many “transplants” as we are called, mostly from New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Florida, Ohio and California, that I think we significantly outnumber the native North Carolinians. It is my goal as a transplanted Realtor to provide a unique perspective to all things real estate in the greater Lake Norman area. Some of the topics I will be writing about will be:
- Local real estate sales statistics and analysis of real estate trends in everything from waterfront, waterview, golf course view homes to popular first-time buyer developments like Curtis Pond to luxury lake communities like The Point and The Peninsula
- Local growth and development; what is in the pipeline, what is hot and what is not
- Local news that impacts real estate; from schools to traffic issues
- Buying and selling tips and “how-to’s” drawn from local customs plus my 15 years selling during the dramatic highs and lows of the Southern California real estate market
- Personal real estate experiences from which I feel other may benefit
- Real estate news and links like “Feds keep federal funds rate at 5.25%” (www.inman.com) and the fact that Charlotte NC is in the top 25 appreciating US markets (Housing Predictor Independent Real Estate Market Forecasts)
- News or links to other real estate blogs
So, why did I create this real estate blog? I think it is because I truly love being a resource of information and teaching others about real estate. My last 5 years in Pasadena, CA I was the Director of Business Development for my real estate firm during which time I created an incredible resource library for my fellow agents and used to love it when an agent would pop in to brainstorm or ask a question. It is my hope that my blog will be valuable enough that readers will visit ofter, ask questions, make comments and help it to become THE resource for everything real estate in the Lake Norman Area.
Pop in any time!